MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Showcasing Sites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just want to ask something in relation to showcasing websites on mybb. This particular thread " http://community.mybb.com/thread-136635-...#pid987585 " was showcased by someone other than the site owner, thats fine it was closed. But, should all links etc... not be removed from the thread ? It seems kinda pointless to me to close the thread without removing all the links, isn't the website still showcased ?

Closing the thread prevents further feedback etc.... but doesn't that allow people to showcase other people's websites without their permission ? What if a site owner wants to keep their site private ? Maybe the site owner is not a member of the mybb community and is unaware their private site has been showcased on mybb.

I understand that this doesn't always happen but its a possibility that I think needs to be looked at. There should be a verification method (upload a file to their web root) to verify that they are in fact the site owners. I think mybb needs to look at this in regards to privacy.
Yes, sorry. I forgot to snip the links. We're rethinking the showcase a bit anyway.
(2013-03-28, 02:07 PM)Euan T. Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, sorry. I forgot to snip the links. We're rethinking the showcase a bit anyway.

No its fine, I was just thinking about it too. A file verification of some sort might be the way to go.