MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Fatal error during installtion, cannot progress install.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I am trying to install the current version of MyBB fresh off the download page, version 1.69. I have not yet modified any files except for changing the name of config.default in the inc folder to config as instructed on the installation wiki. My server is Windows and according to the host tech support there is no way to modify read/write on my server, everything is writable by default. They enabled errors for me so I stop just seeing a blank page, and they tell me the error I am now getting is with one of the scripts. When I get to the step that directs you to the actual install page I get the following error: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in d:\hshome\razie0\npctera.com\forum\inc\class_core.php on line 18

The forum is at the following address: http://npctera.com/forum/install/index.php

I am terribly confused as I have no coding experience and would really appreciate any help.

Thank you.
Well, you ask your host to CHMOD the following files/folders

inc/config.php = 666
inc/settings.php = 666
cache/ = 777
cache/themes/ = 777
uploads/ = 777
uploads/avatars/ = 777

And, replace the current class_core.php in the 'inc' folder with a fresh one from the fresh MyBB installation pack you have. If this problem still persists, just post back here, if it is the same error, or with a different error.
Thank you for your response. Quick question before I jump on with my host, is it possible to CHMOD on a Windows server? The Wiki made it look like that is only applicable to Linux servers.
My bad, you don't actually need to CHMOD in a Windows server. Sorry.

Try to follow this >>
Quote:And, replace the current class_core.php in the 'inc' folder with a fresh one from the fresh MyBB installation pack you have. If this problem still persists, just post back here, if it is the same error, or with a different error.
You're running PHP 4.4.9. MyBB only works with PHP 5.
If so, your host can't provide a MySQL DB version above 5, I suggest you to go for those free MySQL databases for all usages.
PHP, not MySQL...
Hi all. Thanks for the speedy responses. Nathan definitely had it right, my host confirmed my server was on an old hosting block that did not support PHP 5 and that they would transfer it to a new server block within 72 hours. Once that happens I'll give it another shot and update if needed.

Cheers.