MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Increase width of post textbox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Okay. I browsed the templates and found the appropriate ones that required modification.

Under the admin CP, go to "Templates & Style" tab.

On the lefthand column of the page, click on "Templates."

On the "Default Templates" row, click on "Expand Templates."

Scroll down until you find:

New Reply Templates - Expand
New Thread Templates - Expand
Edit Post Templates - Expand

You will need to expand each.

You will then need to click on the "Options" button for the "editpost," "newreply," and "newthread" templates. Then click on "Full Edit."

On the edit template page for each template, I right-clicked with my mouse on the text, then chose "Select All."

Copy text to blank Notepad file. Left-click your mouse at the very beginning of the text of the file. Now, search for the phrase "textarea" (without the quotes).

That is the element you will modify. Specifically, you can adjust the row size and column size. For example, mine is now:

rows="30" cols="150"

Originally, it was

rows="20" cols="70"

I tried numerous edits and found that to be the most acceptable.

You can then just copy the entire text from the Notepad file back to the template (after deleting the text in the template first, of course). Then save it.

Again, do that for both the "editpost," "newthread," and "newreply" templates. Make sure you save the original template text in a Notepad file just in case. But, MyBB does give you the option to revert to original...

Hope that helps everyone else.