MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Getting Forbidden "You don't have permission to access" errors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is happening when I try to add a new ad in "My Advertisements"

As well as when I try to add a link to an already created post.

In both cases I can add whatever I want, but if it contains a link I get the error

In ACP when trying to add an ad

"Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forum/admin/index.php on this server."

and in the front end when trying to EDIT (quick or full edit) and add a link, I get

"Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forum/editpost.php on this server."

The first ad added no problem, as well as when I'm first making the post. It only happens when I try to add an ad or edit a post and it contains some kind of link.
have you granted permissions yourself for the plugin

users & groups >> Admin Permissions >> user permissions (select an admin) >> Tools & Maintenance
>> Can manage My Advertisements?
Hmmm... Thanks for your help.

My admin has permissions for the plugin.

It's very strange. The first ad was no problem.

As is posting the thread the first time...

Adding a new ad with any sort of link or code in it results in this error. Same with editing an already created post.

But if just adding regular text, there's no issue at all.

I've tried eliminating .htaccess and disabling all plugins as well... This didn't do any good with either the post editing or the advertisement issue.

bump... anyone
bump.... this is happening when trying to add any sort of html to my signatures as well...

just in case anyone comes along that runs into the same issue,

this was fixed by the hosting company

when i asked what the problem was, this was the reply...

"The mod_sec was blocking the mentioned scripts. We have added the rules to prevent the issue in the future. "

thanks for the overwhelming amount of help that came from this forum.

guess maybe the developers of mybb learned something today
^ I guess we both learnt it Smile glad that the problem has been resolved (though it took long time)
hey i get the same problem i gave all permissions to the admin but still having the problem!

Not Acceptable
An appropriate representation of the requested resource /admin/index.php could not be found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

can you help me also?