MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do i edit the header?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone i want to change the header on my forum and give it a new look. how do i do that?. Is it in the templates section? i looked there but didnt think it was as the templates are general and effect every skin not just one.

How do i get to the files that change the look of the skin?Sad

Thanks.
- admin cp
- templates
- search
- search for - header
- header master templates (click on edit)

However - if you want to change the padding and stuff - then you will need to make that sort of change elsewhere .
If you have a bunch of theme templates, only changing one of the headers will not change them all!
ACP -> Templates -> Modify / Delete -> *Template Set* -> header

That's where you edit your forum's header. For some basic instructions on modifying templates, see the following:
[Wiki: Authoring_Templates_and_Themes] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
body
{margin-top: 0px;}

I found that adding the above to the css at the very bottom of the themes / modify page saves a lot of wasted time as trying to make the padding change elsewhere is a waste of time .

Its probably safe to say that most people want their header / banner image right at the top of the screen and MyBB doesnt make it easy to do so .

By all means have padding for left and right - but wouldnt it be much better if there was zero padding at the top as a default as most users (even newbies) are capable of adding <br> if wanted .