MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I don't have a MySQL Database
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am trying to install the forum, everything on the first page of /forums/install is fine, but when it comes to entering a database, I am very stumped.

I do not own a MySQL database, I've tried using free ones from 000webhost but they just lag and stop the website from working for about a minute.

What can I do?
You've to make MySQL database. If you've problems how to make it, ask your host, but i really suggest you to change it.
Hosting thesedays are very cheap.
You WILL need a database since the database stores all the information ( Posts / Threads etc ).

I recommend this > http://asmallorange.com/hosting/shared/
(2013-04-01, 11:37 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]You've to make MySQL database. If you've problems how to make it, ask your host, but i really suggest you to change it.

Our website is being hosted on a vps which doesn't offer the ability to create MySQL databases on their website. Is there a way to create one locally (I.E My computer) and set it up that way?
No, the MySQL service must be running all the time.
(2013-04-01, 12:36 PM)StefanT Wrote: [ -> ]No, the MySQL service must be running all the time.

So I have to pay for one?
If you have a VPS, i.e. you are root, then you simply have to install MySQL onto that VPS, same way you installed webserver etc.

If it's shared hosting, you have to pick a hosting plan that comes with PHP and MySQL.
What OS is your VPS running. What distro if it is linux.

What version is it. For example, Ubuntu 12.04, Centos 5, Centos 6, etc...

Have you considered putting CPanel on the vps.