MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Make name styles visible to the user only?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I had this great idea for a prank, but it hinges on one thing. See, I want to convince my entire community that they've been chosen as moderator, but I don't want them to know the others are seeing the same thing. I've already got a plugin that displays the username of whoever's looking at it. Now I am wondering if there is a way to make every user see their name as if it is a usergroup, but no one else can see the others have changed. That way, no one will suspect a thing.

thanks in advance
I don't understand what you mean "their name as if it is a usergroup", can you clarify with a screenshot?
Sorry about that.

Say, for example, that I was a normal user. I was wondering if it would be possible to make my name colored, as if in a usergroup, but only to myself. Like this, [Image: o8p6vJE.png]
But everyone else sees me as a normal user.
It's possible with a template conditional plugin, but ... why?
It was supposed to be an April fool's prank where every user thought they had been selected as moderator. Now it's just curiosity.
Using Zinga's Template Conditionals plugin, you could do something like ...

<if $post['uid'] == $mybb->user['uid'] then>
<span class="mod-class">{$post['profilelink']}</span>
<else>
{$post['profilelink']}
</if>
Thanks!