MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do you handle newly registered users ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Tell me who actually reads those agreements?
(2013-04-17, 11:18 PM)Shawn Gossman Wrote: [ -> ]Tell me who actually reads those agreements?

If that’s not a rhetorical comment then I guess it’s a question for me.

I can’t say how many people read terms when they join my forum. For that matter I can’t say how many people read terms when they joined this or any other forum. What I can say for sure is that I read terms. Bottom line is they they’ve told. That’s all that matters to me.
(2013-04-17, 03:31 PM)Puppyite Wrote: [ -> ]When they register on my forum they agree to post. The notice is part of the registration. If they don’t post I prune.

I also prune if they don’t activate.

I need posts not members. IMO it’s little enough to ask. YMMV

This, combined with the fact that both links in your signature are 403s, tell me a lot about what kind of manager you are.
Lol that dictator approach is so the wrong one.
(2013-04-18, 01:30 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]This, combined with the fact that both links in your signature are 403s, tell me a lot about what kind of manager you are.

If you got 403 that means your IP is in my .htaccess and my server responded thusly:

Please contact Puppy Linux Forum webmaster puppyite[at]puppylinuxforum.org 

I recommend you check your IP here then here, that might explain why my server blocked you. Send me a PM with your IP and I'll look into it.

As an aside, not long ago I read your project and found some of your ideas most intriguing. Now I'm not sure what to think. Undecided

(2013-04-18, 10:35 AM)Xanth Wrote: [ -> ]Lol that dictator approach is so the wrong one.

What is this I wonder?
Xanth Wrote:[Image: mysupport_no_support.gif] This user has been denied support

Forum owners are benevolent dictators.
[Image: osQGM2D.png]

I'm not interested in why my IP is blocked. Your method of preventing spam is blatantly user hostile and prone to false-positives. You should reassess it.

Quote:As an aside, not long ago I read your project and found some of your ideas most intriguing. Now I'm not sure what to think.

My ideas shouldn't change in validity based on how I feel about your approaches.
@brad-t
Calm yourself. How I administer my forum is my own affair.

I would like to know why you got the 500 server error, will you send me your IP?

As for the rest we can agree to disagree. Wink
(2013-04-18, 08:39 PM)Puppyite Wrote: [ -> ]@brad-t
Calm yourself. How I administer my forum is my own affair.

Yes, and this is a thread for discussing administration. It became a public affair when you posted in here.

My IP is 173.195.54.170
(2013-04-18, 06:17 PM)Puppyite Wrote: [ -> ]What is this I wonder?
Xanth Wrote:[Image: mysupport_no_support.gif] This user has been denied support

Yeah, not up to you to call him on a stupid decision he made, nor is it up to you to question *why* he was denied support...

In regards to the 500 Internal Server Error - That was for your ErrorDocument, nothing to do with the 403 Brad is getting.
(2013-04-18, 08:45 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-18, 08:39 PM)Puppyite Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, and this is a thread for discussing administration. It became a public affair when you posted in here.

We will still agree to disagree.

Quote:My IP is 173.195.54.170

I will PM if I find something.

(2013-04-18, 09:36 PM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-18, 06:17 PM)Puppyite Wrote: [ -> ]What is this I wonder?
[quote='Xanth'][Image: mysupport_no_support.gif] This user has been denied support

Yeah, not up to you to call him on a stupid decision he made, nor is it up to you to question *why* he was denied support...

In regards to the 500 Internal Server Error - That was for your ErrorDocument, nothing to do with the 403 Brad is getting.

I could care less why he was denied support. But the notice is rather obvious.
Pages: 1 2 3 4