MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: ACP only, view active users ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Possible for Admin, but no one else, to view 'active' users ?
Cant find a way to do at ACP or forum.
Which page specifically?
(2013-04-02, 07:10 PM)akm Wrote: [ -> ]Possible for Admin, but no one else, to view 'active' users ?
Cant find a way to do at ACP or forum.

To prevent a group of users from seeing who’s online (in this example registered users):
AdminCP > Users & Groups > Registered > Miscellaneous tab: Can view who’s online? (remove check mark)
Not sure what u mean by 'which page', but 'ACP/Dashboard/SQL Engine/Active Users' shows several users, and would like to see who they are if possible.

(2013-04-03, 08:51 AM)Dennis Tsang Wrote: [ -> ]Which page specifically?
(2013-04-03, 04:02 PM)akm Wrote: [ -> ]ACP/Dashboard/SQL Engine/Active Users' shows several users, and would like to see who they are if possible.

If you want to enable user group to view who's online in the front end of your forum do the opposite of what I said and put a check mark in: Can view who’s online?

PS: It's Users not SQL Engine that indicates the number of recent users.
Thanks for the feedback.
Took the 'Board Statistics' off the forum home page for a couple reasons, but may need to add back and deal with ?
The ACP reference to 'SQL Engine' is shown on the attached screen shot.
Thought maybe there may be a way to view 'Active Users' from the ACP.
Guess not, but would be nice feature... at least in this case.
(2013-04-03, 04:29 PM)Puppyite Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-03, 04:02 PM)akm Wrote: [ -> ]ACP/Dashboard/SQL Engine/Active Users' shows several users, and would like to see who they are if possible.
If you want to enable user group to view who's online in the front end of your forum do the opposite of what I said and put a check mark in: Can view who’s online?
PS: It's Users not SQL Engine that indicates the number of recent users.
Probably wouldn't be too hard of a modification to make. The functionality of Who's Online on the index could be added to the ACP, probably with similar code, I would assume.
Thanks for the thoughts!
Have never tried modifying the ACP, but that sounds like a right idea if no other way.
Now, if I only had time to go thru all the T&E.
Will put on the todo list. Rolleyes
(2013-04-07, 12:10 AM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]Probably wouldn't be too hard of a modification to make. The functionality of Who's Online on the index could be added to the ACP, probably with similar code, I would assume.
What you could probably do is add a div or something to the bottom of the dashboard page of the ACP, and show the online users there.
Thanks for the suggestion.
May try to add under left side <div> per scrnshot attached... when able to figure out how to work with ACP coding.
Also need to update MyBB (also per attached)... both future projects. Blush
(2013-04-07, 12:55 AM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]What you could probably do is add a div or something to the bottom of the dashboard page of the ACP, and show the online users there.