MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Buddy list question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way to view the buddy lists of other members? Why is it private in mybb?
You can use profile buddies plugin ( http://mods.mybb.com/view/profile-buddies )to view other members buddy list (in profile page).
It is not supported in 1.8 nor does the developer seem to be active any longer in order to update it.

Are there any other options?
(2013-04-03, 04:28 PM)K e v i n Wrote: [ -> ]It is not supported in 1.8 nor does the developer seem to be active any longer in order to update it.

Are there any other options?

1.8 is still in early alpha stage and it is not officially supported (yet), who will give plugin support for a alpha product? Nobody.

Only two alternatives to that plugin:
- Extended buddy system on mybb-plugins.com (paid, for 1.4 version, works on 1.6)
- Myfriends (it uses its own friends list instead of current buddy system)
yeah that's my bad. I'm still running 1.6.8 and need to upgrade to .9 - I'm obviously not the techy wizard.

But since the product is no longer being supported I was wondering if there's any other solution. I'll check out your links. thanks.

Neither is being supported any longer. Guess there is no solution. Very strange that the buddy list is private in mybb.
I would wait until 1.6.10 Kevin - the main reason for 1.6.9 was the security upgrade which I patched you to, so hold your horses on that one.

Re the profile buddies - it should be easy to upgrade that to 1.6.9+
the referred plugin (post #2) appears to be working fine on a local test board (ver 1.6.9)
And also works in 1.6.10
(2013-04-03, 05:22 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]the referred plugin (post #2) appears to be working fine on a local test board (ver 1.6.9)

Thanks for helping with the install instructions - it's working now. :-)