MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: User activation after admin approvel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello support,

I am admin of the forum www.forum.brsoftech.com, and i have many notification from my forum user that the many spammers puts spams on my forum So I want to know, how can I do to protect my forum from the spammer. I want that everyone who makes registration on my forum, must have firstly approval from me, then after they allow to post any thread or reply on any thread, by which, i can prohibited spammer to enter my forum but I haven't find any option like that, so please tell me procedure, how we apply the option by which everyone who made registration on my forum, must have permission from me to move further on forum. Please tell me , i am waiting for your fruitfully reply. Thank you so much.
you can try using Required Approvals plugin
Hiee, from where i can get this plugin?

how will i add Required Approvals in my forum?
^ extract downloaded zip file in your computer. it consists of a single php file reqapproval.php
in inc/plugins folder. upload that php file to inc/plugins folder of your MyBB files server through
ftp or file manager. after uploading that file you have to activate the plugin from plugins page
of admin panel. finally you have to set up plugin's settings in configuration settings
Thanks but any other method without downloading, directly from my forum options if any?
each and every forum (i.e. section) consists of moderation options like below

Moderation Options
1. Yes, moderate new posts
2. Yes, moderate new threads
3. Yes, moderate new attachments
4. Yes, moderate posts after they've been edited

you can select all above for each forum and save forum settings.
Sorry .m., I am not getting properly, what you want to say ? please tell me briefly.
(2013-04-04, 12:24 PM)brsoftech Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry .m., I am not getting properly, what you want to say ? please tell me briefly.

Regarding what .m. said:
AdminCP > Forums & Posts > click Options for a forum, select Edit - scroll down to Additional Forum Options.

Understand though that this method will mean that you will have to approve every post in the forum you make this change in.
Thank you Puppyite, hope i will get that option there & please tell me if any other option you know.
But really you need to block spammers from joining your forum, unless of course you just enjoy deleting them and their spam. Fassim Anti Forum Spam plugin is the bomb!
Pages: 1 2