MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: anyone want to test my new MediaWiki user bridge?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I built a new MyBB-MediaWiki user bridge. When you set it up correctly (LocalSettings.php edits I provide) you can only login, logout and register via MyBB.

MyBB logged in users (or those with "remember me" enabled) are auto logged into MediaWiki, matching on username. This happens via using the "mybbuser" cookie matching on UID and LoginKey to obtain a username.

Since MediaWiki normalizes usernames (replaces underscores with a space) if there are two users with similar names, such as "name_1" and "name 1", the first user who registered in MyBB is accepted and logged in and the other user is not. He/she would have to change their MyBB username in order to use the Wiki.

This is not something easily changed in MediaWiki so I worked it this way.

MediaWiki "sysop" permissions are assigned on the fly when being logged in, based on the group IDs listed you provide as admins. Only MyBB users in groups you provide as allowed are logged in. Users in a banned group, again your setting, are not allowed regardless of what other groups they are in.

MediaWiki user is created if an existing username is not found. In either case of found or new, the wiki user email is updated to match the MyBB user at login and the wiki real name defaults to the MyBB user, though once it is changed via wiki preferences page, that name is retained, even after a MyBB username change.

This is version 1.0 and it seems to be working on my localhost. Use at your own risk. This is a fork from the Auth_SMF extension, with permission.

Just install the attached into your MediaWiki root folder and apply the edits as described in the file to your LocalSettings.php file.

I removed the attachment and moved it to my site for public download. This will allow me to make sure there is only file to maintain.

http://www.communityplugins.com/forum/my...own&did=22
I installed it and it worked straight out of the box. I did disable MediaWiki page caching so it detected login status reliably.

Great job, there hasn't been a working MediaWiki bridge that I'm aware of available to the public for a long time.
Hi! I plan on using this for my website, but I've got a smidge of a problem. We're currently waiting on doing any forum related work until MyBB 1.8 is out, but all other areas are full steam ahead. I'm a bit worried about opening up the wiki to the rest of the staff given that the MyBB/Mediawiki bridge should kick in whenever we do start work on the forum and possibly giving us some weird account issues. Is this something I need to worry about, or could I go ahead and proceed with letting the staff have accounts?
as long as the users create a forum account with the same username once you open that, it should all be fine.
Awesome! Thanks! :3
I am installed that. But it doesnt work. When i am trying to wiki login, redirect to forum login, and i am sign in on forum but i am when go back wiki, i am not loggin on wiki. How i fix that?
Did you follow all the I structuons in the bridge file? What us your forum cookie path set to and where is the wiki folder relative to the forum folder?
(2013-11-25, 02:11 AM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]Did you follow all the I structuons in the bridge file? What us your forum cookie path set to and where is the wiki folder relative to the forum folder?

Yes i follow all the structuons in the bridge file.

My forum path: ../forum
My Viki path: ../viki

I cant understand what you mean cookie path?

Thank you for answer.
in your ACP, go to general settings and change cookie path to / and then you will need to log back into the site. The reason it is not working is because the forum cookie is stuck in /forum and the wiki is not in a location that can access that cookie. SO it needs to be moved to the / path so the wiki can access it
(2013-11-25, 03:09 AM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]in your ACP, go to general settings and change cookie path to / and then you will need to log back into the site. The reason it is not working is because the forum cookie is stuck in /forum and the wiki is not in a location that can access that cookie. SO it needs to be moved to the / path so the wiki can access it
My cookie path is already "/". I am looked that now.
My cookie domain for forum: .forum.gameofthronestr.com

My forum: forum.gameofthronestr.com
My viki: viki.gameofthronestr.com

Subdomain is problem?
Pages: 1 2 3 4