MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PayPal Dispute
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I had a similar situation, chargeback of $465 dollars when I had already withdrawn them, so I had a negative 465 dollar balance , but it was an honest mistake. The bank issued the chargeback because they thought the transaction was illegal(was not).

In the end I got my money back.
(2013-04-05, 07:39 PM)Jambuster Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-05, 07:13 PM)Jessie S. Wrote: [ -> ]Always secure your funds before handing over the files, even if that means waiting 24 hours.

Securing them in what way ? If you empty your paypal account that doesn't stop someone filing a chargeback. You actually have 40 days in within you cant start a charge back.

Well, you could always just accept payments as a gift. Although that's a tad unprofessional :p
You can still chargeback gifts IIRC.
(2013-04-06, 10:53 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]You can still chargeback gifts IIRC.

Seriously? I didn't think you could.
(2013-04-06, 01:00 AM)kavin Wrote: [ -> ]I had only one paypal dispute in past and won it after i show them my email transactions. But as Pirata said, i believe its random.

After you won this, did Paypal ask buyer to send files back to you? Did Paypal provide buyer your address?

thanks!
Call them and tell them everything. You can tell them you have done everything by the books and yet he charge backed through an unauthorized access. Digital goods aren't protected but they can escalate this case to fraud department if need be. Similar thing happened to me and I escalated it to fraud department. Few days later, got an email saying they have found that there is no proof of unauthorized access in the account. Bring up the fact you use invoices and because of that, only way for it to be unauthorized is a hacked account which it clearly isn't.
Pages: 1 2