MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Member keeps getting logged out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright so I switched to MyBB back in January. We had some server issues in late February that forced my host to switch servers. After that happened, we all had to flush our DNS and everything to access the site again. I don't know if this bit is relevant information only that my host told me that people in countries other than the US often have problems with accessing the site again because the DNS takes longer to be updated.

Well that was over a month ago. I have a member that joined since then so she never had the old server to deal with. She's in the Middle East. Not sure if that matters much. Anyways...

She's having issues with her account randomly getting logged out and then difficulty logging back in. It keeps telling her she has a wrong username/password conversation even when certain everything is entered in exactly. And then later it'll let her log in just fine. This has apparently been going on a while and she's only really vocal about it now because she thought it was just a hiccup or something but it seems to be an ongoing problem and I haven't any idea how to help her.

We tried doing a hard refresh. I don't think she's done the DNS flush but if we don't have to, I'd rather she not have to. We've tried viewing the site incognito and it just brought her to my hosts's page letting her know about the DNS flush thing (Here: http://ashkir.com/hosting/resources/upda...dns-cache/ )

She's getting angry at the situation and I understand why but I have no idea how to help her.

No one else on my site is experiencing these problems. We have people in the US, Canada, and Australia.

Help me help her?
That member should clear browser cookies for your forum and try again. or she should try another browser.
your forum consists of cookies clearing link at forum url/misc.php?action=help&hid=3 (eg. see this)
That didn't seem to work for her.