MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Funky cache. Need to refresh to see anything new.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Unless I hit refresh, the page doesn't show the newest content.

Examples,

- logout, but it shows I'm still logged in unless I hit refresh.

- There is a new post in the thread, but I won't see it unless I refresh

- I've already read the thread or post, but it shows it as unread unless I hit refresh.

etc...

Any ideas?
Try to clear your cache and also some other browser. Can you provide url and test?
(2013-04-06, 04:01 PM)Jovan J. Wrote: [ -> ]Try to clear your cache and also some other browser. Can you provide url and test?

Looks like it's just firefox, it's happening with this community.mybb too.

also. It's also happened for other users on the site. The site chinaphonearena.com. maybe you could test with firefox and see what your result is.
Can you provide me test account please?
yes... thanks... i would think this was only my firefox, but as i said, it's happened with some other users as well. and it's not only my site, as it's happening with mybbcommunity... perhaps the issue with the other user was just a fluke...I'm not sure...

regardless

username: testit
passworld: mybbmybb
this is still a BIG problem. fresh copy of default firefox with no add-ons...

it's also happening with Chrome on mobile.

it happens with this forum too, so it's not a theme issue.

i've looked at the cache options in backend but don't see what the problem could be

clicking a link doesn't give a refreshed page if it's got changed content. need to actually hit refresh. users experiencing it as well
(2013-04-16, 03:24 PM)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]this is still a BIG problem. fresh copy of default firefox with no add-ons...

i've looked at the cache options in backend but don't see what the problem could be

clicking a link doesn't give a refreshed page if it's got changed content. need to actually hit refresh. users experiencing it as well

just tested with firefox V20 and it works fine (no need to refresh) also worked using chromium v25 with no problems
(2013-04-16, 03:40 PM)JimR Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-16, 03:24 PM)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]this is still a BIG problem. fresh copy of default firefox with no add-ons...

just tested with firefox V20 and it works fine (no need to refresh) also worked using chromium v25 with no problems

Yea, I turned on the header "no cache" just after making the last entry to this thread. I'll see if it makes a difference on my end as well. Thanks for testing it.