MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Permission problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello

Im having a permission problem on my forum .

A few members cannot post or reply to any topic . Everytime they try they get the ;
You do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons:
Your account has either been suspended or you have been banned from accessing this resource.
You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.
Your account may still be awaiting activation or moderation. (Resend Activation Code)
You have accessed this page directly rather than using appropriate forms or link.
error.

I have checked all permission on the board and everything is setup correct but still some members keep having this problem .
The strange part is some members in the same group dont have the problems when other do .

Does anyone know whats goin on or how to fix this ?

Meh its fixed now Big Grin

A moderator used the "Suspend Posts" and thats something i didnt check

Anyway problem fixed !!
That is due to permission settings error.
try this:
Navigate to ACP > Users & Groups > Groups > **click usergroup name** > Forums and Posts.
Make sure everything here is as you want it for each group; these are the default permissions that will be set for new forums.

To check existing forums' permissions, go to ACP > Forums & Posts > ** choose forum** > Options > Permissions.
Make sure they're ok there... also, next to each usergroup listed here, click Edit/Set Permissions (it varies between 'Set' and Edit'), and make sure everything here is correct.

This should fix the problem Smile
regards,
(2013-04-07, 01:51 AM)envira Wrote: [ -> ]That is due to permission settings error.
try this:
Navigate to ACP > Users & Groups > Groups > **click usergroup name** > Forums and Posts.
Make sure everything here is as you want it for each group; these are the default permissions that will be set for new forums.

To check existing forums' permissions, go to ACP > Forums & Posts > ** choose forum** > Options > Permissions.
Make sure they're ok there... also, next to each usergroup listed here, click Edit/Set Permissions (it varies between 'Set' and Edit'), and make sure everything here is correct.

This should fix the problem Smile
regards,

The problem is fixed now Smile

A moderator used the "Suspend Posts" option and i didnt notice Big Grin

Thnx for helping out !
Ha Ha Glad it was sorted,
Good luck,
regards,