MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New to MyBB, need stuffs!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello all,

I am new to MyBB so I was hoping some of the more experienced users could help me find some mods/plugins.

I am about to convert my forum from IPB and I need to replace a few modifications I am using on IPB.

Currently we have:
-Arcade
-Awards
-Cash / Money / Points System
(whatver you want to call it)
-Shoutbox
-Contact Form
-Liked Posts / Reputation
-Moods
-Who Was Here
(displayed under the Who is Online section)

Can anyone point me in the right direction to the best versions of these mod's MyBB has to offer?

Thanks in advance! Smile
(2013-04-07, 03:29 AM)theezy. Wrote: [ -> ]Hello all,

I am new to MyBB so I was hoping some of the more experienced users could help me find some mods/plugins.

I am about to convert my forum from IPB and I need to replace a few modifications I am using on IPB.

Currently we have:
-Arcade
-Awards
-Cash / Money / Points System
(whatver you want to call it)
-Shoutbox
-Contact Form
-Liked Posts / Reputation
-Moods
-Who Was Here
(displayed under the Who is Online section)

Can anyone point me in the right direction to the best versions of these mod's MyBB has to offer?

Thanks in advance! Smile

Points system is definitely NewPoints. Like System would be Simple Likes System or Post Reputation (requires MyNetwork). Awards - OUGC Awards (imo). I can't help with the rest.
Hello,

Welcome to the MyBB Family.

To get started, what version of IPB are you running?

You have to use the MyBB Merge System, to switch from IPB to MyBB.

You can get all the details, regarding Installation, Upgrading, Merge System, from the official MyBB Documents.

As for your plugins, you can use:
You can use Premium Plugins from MyBB Central, Yaldaram or MyBB Extras, by becoming a Subscriber in the respective Forums.
Thanks for the replies, I'll check those out.

@Jimmy, I'm on IPB 3.3.4 (which isn't supported) but I have already successfully converted my forum over on a test board by converting it to another software that is supported, then converting to MyBB.
Then, you should Import the database of your demo board to your Live Version.
I will on Friday, giving my members fair warning. Toungue
@jimmy just tried http://mods.mybb.com/view/contact-us-form and it says it is incompatiable with 1.6.9 any others out there.
You're new to MyBB AND need stuff?

http://mybbstuff.com

You're welcome euantor.
Never mind i got the contact form working, it just needed the compatability changing
Thanks for the suggestions, I have used few of those mods and my forum is now live on MyBB. I love it. Anyone want to buy an IPB license? Big Grin
Pages: 1 2