MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Every forum leads to 404 error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I googled this problem prior to creating this thread, and it seems that I have a problem with my forum, where every time I click on a forum (e.g. http://ouyaextra.com/forum/forum-3.html ) it goes to the "nothing found" page on my wordpress site. Judging by the searches I have done, there is a problem with my .htaccess file, so I will post it below and see if anyone can help me solve this problem

Options -MultiViews +FollowSymlinks -Indexes

#
# If mod_security is enabled, attempt to disable it.
# - Note, this will work on the majority of hosts but on
#   MediaTemple, it is known to cause random Internal Server
#   errors. For MediaTemple, please remove the block below
#
<IfModule mod_security.c>
	# Turn off mod_security filtering.
	SecFilterEngine Off

# The below probably isn't needed, but better safe than sorry.
	SecFilterScanPOST Off
</IfModule>

#
# MyBB "search engine friendly" URL rewrites
# - Note, for these to work with MyBB please make sure you have
#   the setting enabled in the Admin CP and you have this file
#   named .htaccess
#
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
	RewriteEngine on
	RewriteRule ^forum-([0-9]+)\.html$ forumdisplay.php?fid=$1 [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^forum-([0-9]+)-page-([0-9]+)\.html$ forumdisplay.php?fid=$1&page=$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1 [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-page-([0-9]+)\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&page=$2 [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-lastpost\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&action=lastpost [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-nextnewest\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&action=nextnewest [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-nextoldest\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&action=nextoldest [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-newpost\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&action=newpost [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-post-([0-9]+)\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&pid=$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^post-([0-9]+)\.html$ showthread.php?pid=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^announcement-([0-9]+)\.html$ announcements.php?aid=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^user-([0-9]+)\.html$ member.php?action=profile&uid=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?calendar=$1 [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)-year-([0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?action=yearview&calendar=$1&year=$2 [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)-year-([0-9]+)-month-([0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?calendar=$1&year=$2&month=$3 [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)-year-([0-9]+)-month-([0-9]+)-day-([0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?action=dayview&calendar=$1&year=$2&month=$3&day=$4 [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)-week-(n?[0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?action=weekview&calendar=$1&week=$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^event-([0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?action=event&eid=$1 [L,QSA]

<IfModule mod_env.c>
		SetEnv SEO_SUPPORT 1
	</IfModule>
</IfModule>

#
# If Apache is compiled with built in mod_deflade/GZIP support
# then GZIP Javascript, CSS, HTML and XML so they're sent to
# the client faster.
#
<IfModule mod_deflate.c>
	AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/javascript text/css text/html text/xml
</IfModule>

Hostgator shared accounts are on apache servers and allow mod_rewrite, so I am not sure why this is happening. I AM NOT using any plugins on this site whatsoever, meaning it shouldn't be a problem with Google SEO.
I'm going to guess the issue is with the .htaccess file for your wordpress install in the root. COuld you post it's contents?
I fixed this by just disabling SEF URLs in the settings, although it would be nice to have them.
Edit #Euan T I'll post them now

Contents of wordpress htaccess:
# BEGIN WPSuperCache
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
#If you serve pages from behind a proxy you may want to change 'RewriteCond %{HTTPS} on' to something more sensible
AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^.*[^/]$
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^.*//.*$
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_METHOD} !POST
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} !.*=.*
RewriteCond %{HTTP:Cookie} !^.*(comment_author_|wordpress_logged_in|wp-postpass_).*$
RewriteCond %{HTTP:X-Wap-Profile} !^[a-z0-9\"]+ [NC]
RewriteCond %{HTTP:Profile} !^[a-z0-9\"]+ [NC]
RewriteCond %{HTTP:Accept-Encoding} gzip
RewriteCond %{HTTPS} on
RewriteCond %{DOCUMENT_ROOT}/home/heromal/public_html/ouyaextra.com/wp-content/cache/supercache/%{SERVER_NAME}//$1/index-https.html.gz -f
RewriteRule ^(.*) "/home/heromal/public_html/ouyaextra.com/wp-content/cache/supercache/%{SERVER_NAME}//$1/index-https.html.gz" [L]

RewriteCond %{HTTP:Cookie} !^.*(comment_author_|wordpress_logged_in|wp-postpass_).*$
RewriteCond %{HTTPS} !on
RewriteCond %{DOCUMENT_ROOT}/home/heromal/public_html/ouyaextra.com/wp-content/cache/supercache/%{SERVER_NAME}//$1/index.html.gz -f
RewriteRule ^(.*) "/home/heromal/public_html/ouyaextra.com/wp-content/cache/supercache/%{SERVER_NAME}//$1/index.html.gz" [L]

RewriteCond %{HTTPS} on
RewriteCond %{DOCUMENT_ROOT}/home/heromal/public_html/ouyaextra.com/wp-content/cache/supercache/%{SERVER_NAME}//$1/index-https.html -f
RewriteRule ^(.*) "/home/heromal/public_html/ouyaextra.com/wp-content/cache/supercache/%{SERVER_NAME}//$1/index-https.html" [L]

RewriteCond %{HTTPS} !on
RewriteCond %{DOCUMENT_ROOT}/home/heromal/public_html/ouyaextra.com/wp-content/cache/supercache/%{SERVER_NAME}//$1/index.html -f
RewriteRule ^(.*) "/home/heromal/public_html/ouyaextra.com/wp-content/cache/supercache/%{SERVER_NAME}//$1/index.html" [L]
</IfModule>

# END WPSuperCache

# BEGIN WordPress
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
</IfModule>

# END WordPress
Could you try replacing that with this:

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/(forum).*$ [NC]
RewriteRule . - [L]
</IfModule> 

# BEGIN WPSuperCache
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
#If you serve pages from behind a proxy you may want to change 'RewriteCond %{HTTPS} on' to something more sensible
AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
RewriteCond %{HTTPS} on
RewriteCond %{DOCUMENT_ROOT}/home/heromal/public_html/ouyaextra.com/wp-content/cache/supercache/%{SERVER_NAME}//$1/index-https.html.gz -f
RewriteRule ^(.*) "/home/heromal/public_html/ouyaextra.com/wp-content/cache/supercache/%{SERVER_NAME}//$1/index-https.html.gz" [L]

RewriteCond %{HTTPS} !on
RewriteCond %{DOCUMENT_ROOT}/home/heromal/public_html/ouyaextra.com/wp-content/cache/supercache/%{SERVER_NAME}//$1/index.html.gz -f
RewriteRule ^(.*) "/home/heromal/public_html/ouyaextra.com/wp-content/cache/supercache/%{SERVER_NAME}//$1/index.html.gz" [L]

RewriteCond %{HTTPS} on
RewriteCond %{DOCUMENT_ROOT}/home/heromal/public_html/ouyaextra.com/wp-content/cache/supercache/%{SERVER_NAME}//$1/index-https.html -f
RewriteRule ^(.*) "/home/heromal/public_html/ouyaextra.com/wp-content/cache/supercache/%{SERVER_NAME}//$1/index-https.html" [L]

RewriteCond %{HTTPS} !on
RewriteCond %{DOCUMENT_ROOT}/home/heromal/public_html/ouyaextra.com/wp-content/cache/supercache/%{SERVER_NAME}//$1/index.html -f
RewriteRule ^(.*) "/home/heromal/public_html/ouyaextra.com/wp-content/cache/supercache/%{SERVER_NAME}//$1/index.html" [L]
</IfModule>

# END WPSuperCache

# BEGIN WordPress
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
</IfModule>

# END WordPress

That MIGHT work. The problem is definitely Wordpress intercepting requests and handling them before hitting the rewrites in the /forum/ directory.
That didn't work, but I have no problem with the other URLs. Thanks for trying!
Ok, sorry I couldn't help.