MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Request] Theme with Navbar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I'm currently setting up a new, more modern forum for a long-established community that has essentially been abandoned by its owner for years, and I really need help creating a theme.

I should say upfront that I have little to no budget at the moment, so I'm hoping that someone will be willing to help for free, at least for now. I'm open to including credit and a link in the footer, and I may be able to pay a little for help in the near future.

Apart from the header, I'm mostly fine with the basic forum templates, so I'm not necessarily looking for extensive template customization.

I'm basically looking to do two things:

Header Customization

I'd like to condense the header into a navbar.

On the left of the navbar (from left to right), I need:
  • A link to my main site.
  • A "Forum Tools" dropdown which contains links to stuff like search, member list and calendar.
  • A "Social" dropdown to link to pages on social networks.
  • An embedded search box.

On the right of the navbar (from right to left) would be:
  • A dropdown login form; when logged in, the dropdown should show a handful of useful links (view profile, settings, buddy list, logout) instead.
  • Menu items for Mod and Admin CP when appropriate.
  • PM and MyAlerts menu items that update to show the number of notifications, and dropdown to show a list of the most recent PMs or alerts.

Below the navbar, I'd also need a small "banner" area for my site logo.

Theme

I would like the theme to be slightly inspired by the site from which we'd be migrating, so I can provide a basic color palette idea; you'd, of course, be free to play around with it to get the best results. I'd need light and dark variants with a style switcher button to easily switch between them. These would be essentially the same apart from the backgrounds. CSS buttons would be nice too, but I can probably handle that if need be. I can also provide you with the site logo, and customize the forum icons on my own.

Basically, I just need help creating a Bootstrap-inspired style using my color palette. I've failed miserably at this so far. Toungue

If anyone is willing to help, just let me know, and I'll PM you more info and examples of the sort of style I have in mind. And I know that "free" is a lot to ask, so if that's not possible, how much would it cost for help with something like this?

Thanks.