MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: RTS/FPS hybrid game.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, I'm going to a LAN party soon and we are looking for some extra games to play, for the variety.
Does anyone know some cool games where players are put against a commander?
Like in the mod Overwatch for HL2 and Iron Grip Oppression (which doesnt have a working server, screw you Isotx), basically players are in a shooter game against 1 guy on the opposite team who has the map in RTS and tries to beat the players with troops.
We're not looking for things like a Battlefield mod or Nuclear dawn.
Unless we can play against the other team fully on AI.
Also RPG vs a commander might also be cool, if it exists atleast.

Thanks in advance Smile
There was a game like this (don't know if the rts guy was(or could be) an ai though). It was an online mmo style game if I remember right but can't think of the name.

Dota2 and LoL both offer bot games Toungue.
(2013-04-08, 01:36 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]There was a game like this (don't know if the rts guy was(or could be) an ai though). It was an online mmo style game if I remember right but can't think of the name.

Battleswarm probably, and Dota games are not strategy games or FPS or RPG, or atleast people I game with don't consider it that way.
Natural Selection 2 has exactly what you want. One player on each side (Aliens / Marines) is chosen to be Commander and he plays an RTS essentially, while every other player takes orders from in a FPS.
(2013-04-08, 02:44 PM)fizz Wrote: [ -> ]Natural Selection 2 has exactly what you want. One player on each side (Aliens / Marines) is chosen to be Commander and he plays an RTS essentially, while every other player takes orders from in a FPS.
Requires players on both sides, unless we can all pick one side and the other functions on bots entirely, it doesn't fit my criteria.
(2013-04-08, 02:02 PM)Ansem Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-08, 01:36 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]There was a game like this (don't know if the rts guy was(or could be) an ai though). It was an online mmo style game if I remember right but can't think of the name.

Battleswarm probably, and Dota games are not strategy games or FPS or RPG, or atleast people I game with don't consider it that way.

I know but it was the only thing that I could think that had some sort of bot RTS kind of style Toungue.