MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I have a glitch on my board.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2013-04-08, 05:15 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]And that appears to have fixed it. I was able to mark a forum as read and click back to homepage and the forum appeared as read.

You need to look in the arrowchat plugin and change where it is inserting the jquery library; if you are inserting the js tags yourself then load them AFTER prototype and ensure you have jQuery no conflict on.

It's not fixed on my site? It's still the same thing, same glitch. What will happen if I upload my FTP back up files? Just not the admin folder..
It seemed a great deal faster and the prototype js worked.

Did you try doing a cache refresh?

What folder exactly did you upload to cause this slowdown? Have you edited the htaccess in anyway? What version of MyBB are you running?
(2013-04-08, 05:24 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]It seemed a great deal faster and the prototype js worked.

Did you try doing a cache refresh?

What folder exactly did you upload to cause this slowdown? Have you edited the htaccess in anyway? What version of MyBB are you running?

I uploaded all the contents to the root. It replaced 2 or 3 things but I don't remember what it replaced.

So I uploaded this(not the admin folder) - www.gyazo.com/db72514892ad4d5f7683c2b15a334640

Instead of uploading this - www.gyazo.com/96b8b4eb9ec802f27aa7d80b1cd2bf93

But I did not install, but it replaced 2 or 3 files but I just don't which ones, I did a overwrite on the important files on the route such as css.php , global.php, and index.php.

I am running on version 1.6.9

I believe the cometchat replaced the .htacess
Ok, what you can do is try downloading a new mybb 1.6.9 and uploading it over the top (not settings or config) and see if that helps.

I notice that you are using the candy theme from Pixelmonkey, however that themes site no longer exists.

Before uploading loads of files and backups though you should also try running on MyBB default - if the site runs correctly then it is a theme issue.
(2013-04-08, 05:32 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, what you can do is try downloading a new mybb 1.6.9 and uploading it over the top (not settings or config) and see if that helps.

I notice that you are using the candy theme from Pixelmonkey, however that themes site no longer exists.

Before uploading loads of files and backups though you should also try running on MyBB default - if the site runs correctly then it is a theme issue.

Am I okay to use a backup of the files I had from the 2nd of April, the board wasn't glitch then or should I really just upload fresh files? Can you be specific on what I SHOULDN'T re-upload though please.
I do not know what changes have been made to your site since then. If you have made no changes to the db password and settings then you should be fine just reuploading the whole lot.
(2013-04-08, 05:50 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]I do not know what changes have been made to your site since then. If you have made no changes to the db password and settings then you should be fine just reuploading the whole lot.

I have a test site and when I messed something up, I had to reinstall everything and I had to install the board again, and lost members on that test site.. I don't want that to happen on mine!
Have you done the things I suggested?

Upload a new .htaccess, try with default theme.
(2013-04-08, 05:54 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Have you done the things I suggested?

Upload a new .htaccess, try with default theme.

Not the new .htaccess thing. I tried the default theme, it must be the .htaccess though.

Should I upload the .htaccess I have in my backup from 6 days ago or the .htaccess from the MyBB install folder?
Try the one from 6 days ago - do keep a copy of the one you currently have though.
Pages: 1 2 3