MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Quick reply gone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

MikeInToshx

Hi guys, first of all i like to say, mybb is an amazing free forum software Smile Been using it for few days now, got some plugins to fit in my theme ect, done some simple css edits, postbit to clasic ect.

Now the last thing ive done is replacing a file ( jscripts/editor.js) to fix the width and hight of the new thread editor thing.

Since then the quick reply is gone. When i go to admin panel, and i disable it and then enable it again, i see it again. But when logging off or after a while its gone again.

ill upload my editor.js, i hope u guys can look into it, i have no experience at all with js files or php.

Thanks !

Edit: I just noticed, I do got the quick reply on my administrator account, but not on user accounts.

Please, anyone can help with this?

MikeInToshx

bump..
Ensure that you have quick reply enabled in your acp for all users

Showthread Options

Show Quick Reply Form
Allows you to set whether or not the quick reply form will be shown at the bottom of threads.

You may have to edit account settings either via phpmy admin or ACP to make all users have quick reply visible.

MikeInToshx

Hii,

It is enabled. I didn't touch those settings.

It happend after i uploaded that editor.js i think.

thanks for reply!
The editor.js is used to determine the mycode buttons in the full reply editor and is not really used for the quick reply. Why not try using the old editor.js if you are sure that is the problem? You can get the editor js by downloading the changed files package from mybb 1.6.9 and just uploading the editor.js.

You can also check using the default theme instead of your custom theme (you did not edit the default theme right?) - if you can see the quick reply in default then it is a theme/template issue. If you cannot then it is a settings issue.

MikeInToshx

Okay so i tried the Original from 1.6.9, the quick reply still didn't show up.

I'm pretty sure its not the theme. I first had it on another website tested, and well i still have it ( its in dutch) and i dont have that issue there.

so it are my settings? how can i fix this :s

I will post both my websites, I know it's in dutch, but its to show its not the theme.

this was my first ( to test before buying my other host ): http://extremetuts.com/mybb/showthread.php?tid=4

Now i have it on here :
http://computerhelpforum.be/showthread.php?tid=14
Can you PM me a logon for the site? If you would like me to try and fix it please give me admin access to the ACP.

MikeInToshx

PM Sent and it is fixed. Thanks again! Smile
I've got the same exact problem, please help LeeFish.. I sent you information a few days ago.
(2013-07-23, 07:23 PM)WCKicksAss Wrote: [ -> ]I've got the same exact problem, please help LeeFish.. I sent you information a few days ago.

LeeFish clearly stated that she won't ignores support PMs. Why don't you open your own thread with more information such as images, board URL, list of plugins, etc.