MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Replace default editor (codepress?) with codemirror?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone? Can this be done... i hate the inbuilt CSS and template editor its utter crap.. can't even tab indent!

I have it in a plugin called my custom css in wordpress.. and OH BOY IS IT AWESOME! Detects code errors, suggestions, etc... proper PROPER stuff... Everything beautifully color coded, etc...
CodeMirror is already being implemented in MyBB 1.8, so it may be worth just waiting for that. I think it's pretty much done, apart from some bugs, but I can't remember for sure.
Oh excellent good to hear. I wonder how much hassle will it be migrating from 1.6 to 1.8?

Since I spent quite a bit of time on fine tuning the theme templates, global css, and getting the right plugins. I'm sure you guys are taking into account migration issues.

What's the time frame on 1.8 btw?
The upgrade should be fairly simple, but there will be a few template edits required to bring them up to date if you've edited ones that have been upgraded.

As for time frame, we have a simple answer: when it's ready.
haha when it's ready is always awesome Smile Okay will stay tuned Smile Thanks.

I hope there will be a 'method' transfer... where.. the current forum can 'stay'... then the new version is 'installed' tied into the database... and i can have the users active on the old forum... then... in the meantime 'redesign' those templates in question... then when its 'just right' switch.. i hope u guys have something like that ready so that there will be no downtime in order to facilitate quick and smooth migration for both site owners and users.