MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is There A Plugin...?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way to limit a certain plugin to a usergroup? Like if i want only admins to be able to use a certain plugin.
Anyone? I really need to know.
You just need to add a permission setting to each specific plugin.
some of the plugins have in-built group permissions. there is no specific plugin to change the group permissions of other plugins.
however templates conditionals plugin may be used to add group restrictions to the output of other plugins
(2013-04-13, 06:52 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]some of the plugins have in-built group permissions. there is no specific plugin to change the group permissions of other plugins.
however templates conditionals plugin may be used to add group restrictions to the output of other plugins

Is there any other way?
This doesn't make sense, because we have no idea what kind of plugin you're using. I mean, it could be a plugin that changes something on the board universally, making user restrictions unfeasible.
(2013-04-14, 12:13 AM)Reduction Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-13, 06:52 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]some of the plugins have in-built group permissions. there is no specific plugin to change the group permissions of other plugins.

Is there any other way?

The other way is the way I've just told you in my previous post. And that's the correct way.
(2013-04-14, 06:26 AM)Jambuster Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-14, 12:13 AM)Reduction Wrote: [ -> ]

Is there any other way?

The other way is the way I've just told you in my previous post. And that's the correct way.

And how would i do that?
Link us to the plugin so that we can help you. Permissions can be restricted in two ways:

1. Disallowing direct access to somepage.php page OR
2. Hiding/showing from/to particular group.

Both have different codes.