MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: force web cache refresh??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In wordpres the w3tc total i use has a clear all cache which basically forces users to refresh cache via their browser when u make changes which is great.

I just made lots of changes on my forum and i went on one computer and it was FRESH and it was showing old stuff??.. the hell?!?! it was caching the old stuff.. then i did a force refresh with a shift and it got the changes.. hmm?

Is there a way to force cache refresh when u make changes on forum design to transpire on the user end without asking user to manually hard refresh or clear their temp files?
you can delete contents of cache/themes folder. then go to your theme in admin panel and save its global.css or theme's properties.
Just to be safe i backedup the cache folder and then deleted.. after deleting nothing was in there generated even after visiting site? A little more info please... don't want to wreck the site...
hmm., I forgot about this thread. Add force cache refresh brought me back here.
theme folders should regenerate after sometime. or Alex - Arvixe's response there should work