MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Add force cache refresh
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just created a thread about this where someone told me to delete the cache folder...

On wordpress with w3 total cache, i can force a content cache delete/refresh... because if i make site design changes i want them forced on the user! I don't want their cache to show old content/design.
Try:

1. Login admin control panel -> Tools & Maintenance
2. Cache Manager
3. Rebuild all the relevant caches
If the webserver is serving cached content on a dynamic site then that's something you need to take up with your host.
(2013-04-15, 08:24 AM)Alex - Arvixe Wrote: [ -> ]Try:

2. Cache Manager

Isn't there a one button to rebuild all at once, I did that, kind of annoying to be clicking each one by one.
(2013-04-15, 05:51 PM)MuslimBB Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-15, 08:24 AM)Alex - Arvixe Wrote: [ -> ]Try:

2. Cache Manager

Isn't there a one button to rebuild all at once, I did that, kind of annoying to be clicking each one by one.

No but with the Task Manager I'm sure it wouldn't be to difficult to build some sort of addon to rebuild the caches every now and again (with the ability to manually run the task so you only have to click it once).

At the same time you only really need to rebuild the caches that are relevant to your changes, not all of them.
Rebuilding the caches won't invalidate the content being served by the webserver.
(2013-04-11, 09:54 PM)MuslimBB Wrote: [ -> ]On wordpress with w3 total cache, i can force a content cache delete/refresh... because if i make site design changes i want them forced on the user! I don't want their cache to show old content/design.

W3 Total Cache and the MyBB cache are entirely different systems. It is the user browser/your server that caches that content - not MyBB.
This is one thing that annoys me when I continuously make changes. For now I think the only way of getting around this is to have a branch system of themes: a theme everyone is currently using and a new theme (suffixed with a version number) to switch everyone to when you make a change, so they should get the latest stylesheets.
What we're looking at doing right now is just cache busting by adding a lastmodified timestamp as a query parameter.