MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: XF to MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, I was on MyBB, had some assistance with a fellur that I believe moderates the XF community forum and he pulled my database from MyBB to XF, lost a lot of traffic and am direly missing my customization options... I'm looking for a way to go from XF to MyBB but I have no budget at the moment. If anyone can provide assistance on this, is the best way to go from XF to IPB to MyBB? & If so, how would I come upon converting my XF to IPB?
I don't believe our merge module for IPB is all that up to date. Do phpBB offer a merge module for XF at all? If so, that's possibly the best route.
(2013-04-12, 08:34 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]I don't believe our merge module for IPB is all that up to date. Do phpBB offer a merge module for XF at all? If so, that's possibly the best route.

There's no module for this, as I believe the phpBB staff is now highly lazy. After reading a few threads on a few different forums, I read one on the phpBB community forum where an individual was requesting a converter from xF to phpBB. The staff member had replied stating he would get started on it, a few days later a comment came in asking that staff member if it was done, the staff member stated "sorry I got distracted by the vBulletin converter" .

So, would it be an acceptable route to go from xF to vB to phpBB then to MyBB? If so, how much data would be lost in that conversion, I am aware that attachments in the PM's would be lost in vB (which I don't care for, all the boards attachments are currently in threads)
It might be plausible. The current vB importer doesn't do too bad a job with vB 4.x (or it didn't when I converted a vB 4.0.1 forum to MyBB 1.6.0). You might lose passwords and possibly avatars (if they use gravatar) but I don't think any users/threads/posts will be affected.

I'm no expert though. Our merge guys might be able to help more - especially pavemen who's just joined to work on the Merge System).
(2013-04-12, 03:22 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]It might be plausible. The current vB importer doesn't do too bad a job with vB 4.x (or it didn't when I converted a vB 4.0.1 forum to MyBB 1.6.0). You might lose passwords and possibly avatars (if they use gravatar) but I don't think any users/threads/posts will be affected.

I'm no expert though. Our merge guys might be able to help more - especially pavemen who's just joined to work on the Merge System).

Alright, thank you very much for your assistance, passwords and avatars were what we lost on our way up, so it's fine if that's all we lose on our way down. I'll take a look into getting my hands on a converter now.