MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Russian Spammers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quick question. I get new users a day and those users are all people who are from russian medical sites. They post in russian, and their threads are russian and spam. I delete the threads and delete the user. Its getting a little old since I get around 3 new threads a day which isnt much but isnt needed. Is there a way to stop spammers from registering and posting your site? Possible plugin?
(2013-04-13, 02:31 AM)RootBeer Wrote: [ -> ]Quick question. I get new users a day and those users are all people who are from russian medical sites. They post in russian, and their threads are russian and spam. I delete the threads and delete the user. Its getting a little old since I get around 3 new threads a day which isnt much but isnt needed. Is there a way to stop spammers from registering and posting your site? Possible plugin?

Recaptcha. Email verification. Question "are you a human" plugin.

-Viral.
(2013-04-13, 02:34 AM)viral dragon Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-13, 02:31 AM)RootBeer Wrote: [ -> ]Quick question. I get new users a day and those users are all people who are from russian medical sites. They post in russian, and their threads are russian and spam. I delete the threads and delete the user. Its getting a little old since I get around 3 new threads a day which isnt much but isnt needed. Is there a way to stop spammers from registering and posting your site? Possible plugin?

-Viral.

Email verification with my site dosent work well.
(2013-04-13, 03:30 AM)RootBeer Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-13, 02:34 AM)viral dragon Wrote: [ -> ]

-Viral.

Email verification with my site dosent work well.

What's wrong with it? -- And try using ReCaptcha.

-Viral.
Add their email domain in antispam filter in Cp.
use these mods

http://mods.mybb.com/view/fassim-anitspam

after activating the mods delete user was given earlier spammers.

and they will not be able to register on your forum. as filtered by anti-spam filters fassim.

fassim spam only works to prevent spammers to sign up so that the spammers are already registered you must delete them yourself.