MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: A question for merge system
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There is a little confuse I want to consider. The question is lame, but it will help others like me. Guide says: "You need an installed mybb on your server". So how do I install it with phpbb already installed to everything work fine? I can just drop mybb files into public_html in replace of old phpbb files, or I can drop mybb directory into public_html, so all phpbb files will stay. What if I just take a database backup from phpbb, delete all phpbb and install mybb? Will merge system take in a database backup file? What way is the best?

So I installed merge, to look at maybe, in public_html\merge. Encountered a error in "public_html/merge/index.php on line 54"
line 54 in index.php:
"require_once MYBB_ROOT."inc/config.php";"
I am too lame to look at it without mybb.
install MyBB in a subfolder (eg. site/mybb). upload MyBB merge system.
take a database backup of your phpBB forum. run the merge system and give phpBB database details.
I look now at google screenshots, but still.

(2013-04-13, 08:29 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]install MyBB in a subfolder (eg. site/mybb). upload MyBB merge system.
take a database backup of your phpBB forum. run the merge system and give phpBB database details.
Thanks.

And how can I move mybb from public_html\mybb to root folder? Will it stay working, if I just replace phpbb?

I finally figured out. What I needed for merge is only full backup of phpbb forum and some knowledge about how to restore old backup mysql with phpmyadmin.