MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Want to change post URL to thread tiltle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

Need your help to change post URL from http://hrsuccesstalk.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=417 to

http://hrsuccesstalk.com/forum/<<Thread title>>.

I have go through the forum but got more confused. Request all to give me step by step approach to do that.

thanks
I think I get what you ask. You need the Google SEO plugin, here you will find everything you need.
I have installed Google SEO and plugin library and activated.

Uploaded all plugin files in plugin and language folder accordingly.

Deactivated SEF URL option provided by myBB and activated Google SEO.

Replaced my .htaccess file with .htaccess file provided in Google SEO plugin and also replaced /myBB/ with /Forum/ and yourwebsite text to myactual site information.

Now when i click on any of the forum it take me to "Page not display".

Where i am wrong.

Attaching the snapshot. Please help

[attachment=28990]
[attachment=28991]
[attachment=28992]
^ plugins page has some information given by Google SEO plugin. follow that exactly
I did all exactly but not able to know the reason why after clicking on any of my forum it is directing me to the page which does not exist.

Can you figure out something after looking at screenshots where i may be wrong.
^ you have to add some more code to .htaccess file as Google SEO plugin says (as in first image above)
One more inputs, i have deactivated the Google SEO and now my forum links are working find and taking me to the post page. Hope this information may also be useful in identifying the problem.
.m. just told you the problem. Are you not paying attention?
Dear M,

This is working perfectly all right now and now the URL has been changed to froum name and thread name....Thanks a ton.

Actually in .htaccess code i have wrote "Forum" with capital "F" wherein i should have written "fourm" with small f. This solved my problem. Thanks