MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PM message in e-mails
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm not sure why mybb doesn't already have this, but it would be nice to see the entire contents of a PM in the e-mail it sends out when a user receives a new PM.

when you're an admin, this is especially useful for when you receive a PM and can easily determine if a response can wait or if you're needed ASAP to fix things.

currently I achieve this via file changes, but it has to be reapplied each time there's an update.
(2013-04-14, 06:08 PM)Shemo Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure why mybb doesn't already have this,
Perhaps because users tend to answer the email (which is sent to the admin) and not the PM when they already see the message...
I agree with Stefan.
(2013-04-14, 06:31 PM)StefanT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-14, 06:08 PM)Shemo Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure why mybb doesn't already have this,
Perhaps because users tend to answer the email (which is sent to the admin) and not the PM when they already see the message...

sure, but couldn't something be set up on the mail server so it bounces the e-mails back if it's replied to?

that said, I still don't think that's a reason to not have the functionality.
I've asked myself this so many times...
I suppose it might be able to be added, as long as the language file also says "*** DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL ***" in big letters. 1.8 is feature locked and not much more is going to get in though by the official devs. If you fork it though and add the code edits I'm sure we would accept it.
(2013-04-15, 12:54 AM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]I suppose it might be able to be added, as long as the language file also says "*** DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL ***" in big letters. 1.8 is feature locked and not much more is going to get in though by the official devs. If you fork it though and add the code edits I'm sure we would accept it.

I agree with adding that text.

that said, I do not know how to create plugins nor do I have the php knowledge to do so.

I'm using this edit that lex- provided for us a long time ago:
http://community.mybb.com/thread-72912-p...#pid539879
(2013-04-15, 12:54 AM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]I suppose it might be able to be added, as long as the language file also says "*** DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL ***" in big letters. 1.8 is feature locked and not much more is going to get in though by the official devs. If you fork it though and add the code edits I'm sure we would accept it.

Here you go: Pull #108