MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Alter Forum Permissions With SQL Queries
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is related to this thread, basically I cannot alter forum permissions within myBB and am trying with SQL Queries until I get help finding the cause.

Now onto the meat of this thread

Quote:ALTER TABLE mybb_forumpermissions FOR fid=[value-2], SET ALL canview=[value-4], Equal to 0, canviewthreads=[value-4], Equal to 0

I need help fixing my query above. I want it do change every value for a set forum ID within mybb_forumpermissions to 0 for the canview and canviewthreads. We currently have 98 groups (as myBB doesn't seem to overwrite deleted groups) so it will need to change all of them to a 0.

The idea is we have forums viewable by only certain groups, so I want to change them to all hidden then I'll manually allow the correct group to view it.

UPDATE: I've just discovered the changes I make in myBB affect the database, it's just not being read by the forum (cache error I suppose). But I still want to know how to do this because it seems useful Smile