MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Edit Member's Reputation Number?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2013-04-17, 04:22 AM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]You would only be able to use a loop if you had an array filled with the values in question.

The best course of action (what I would do) is to develop a simple reputation page in ACP where you could input UIDs and change their reputation to the number it was before (one at a time) . . .

A more elegant solution would be to examine the previous rep table (from the old forum software) and create a PHPI script to 'convert' the old reps to the new style reps and insert them into the database-- and I have no idea whether the other DB is storing reps in a way that would make that feasible.

Just trying to help.
I think I'm too much of a novice to make anything like that.
(2013-04-17, 05:09 AM)theezy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-17, 04:22 AM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]You would only be able to use a loop if you had an array filled with the values in question.

The best course of action (what I would do) is to develop a simple reputation page in ACP where you could input UIDs and change their reputation to the number it was before (one at a time) . . .

A more elegant solution would be to examine the previous rep table (from the old forum software) and create a PHPI script to 'convert' the old reps to the new style reps and insert them into the database-- and I have no idea whether the other DB is storing reps in a way that would make that feasible.

Just trying to help.

What forum are you transferring from?
(2013-04-17, 07:52 AM)Exze Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-17, 05:09 AM)theezy Wrote: [ -> ]

Just trying to help.

What forum are you transferring from?
We were on IPB.
I'll get back to you at the end of the day with an answer or a solution. Pretty sure it's possible, i'll take a look.
Awesome! Thanks Smile
It is certainly possible, for whoever will do it you need to read from the ipb rep cache, unserialize ,grab the values and insert them into mybb.

Don't know when I will have time to do this though.
You may want to open a job on elance.com... from being here a while.. there's only a few MyBB devs I would trust without an escrow account to secure my payment for development of a conversion tool or MyBB plugin. If there's no budget then disregard this reply as it then wouldn't really apply.
Thanks everyone... I was able to restore member's reputation numbers with this mod: http://mods.mybb.com/view/easy-rep
Pages: 1 2