MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: RAW Administrator Logs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,

Is it possible to recover pruned logs or access raw logs from server?

Thanks,
iHydra
I don't think you can recover a log once it has been pruned. As far as logs on the server is concerned, you might want to see if your hosting service could help you there.
Once pruned it deletes them from the database, best thing to do is backup your sql every week then you always have access to the previous weeks logs even after pruning if that makes sense?
^ yea if you happened to have a db backup you can extract your admin logs from that. MyBB is not undelete friendly like OS systems. Once it's gone it's pretty much gone unless you have backups or an undelete plugin install or additional server software that will keep admin query records for you.
(2013-04-17, 11:41 AM)WebDevandPhoto Wrote: [ -> ]^ yea if you happened to have a db backup you can extract your admin logs from that. MyBB is not undelete friendly like OS systems. Once it's gone it's pretty much gone unless you have backups or an undelete plugin install or additional server software that will keep admin query records for you.

Ok, thanks for verifying that. I do have a 2 day old backup but I needed the backups of that few hours. Do you think there are server software that records the admin query as a backup for MyBB?
(2013-04-17, 12:53 PM)iHydra Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-17, 11:41 AM)WebDevandPhoto Wrote: [ -> ]^ yea if you happened to have a db backup you can extract your admin logs from that. MyBB is not undelete friendly like OS systems. Once it's gone it's pretty much gone unless you have backups or an undelete plugin install or additional server software that will keep admin query records for you.

Ok, thanks for verifying that. I do have a 2 day old backup but I needed the backups of that few hours. Do you think there are server software that records the admin query as a backup for MyBB?

nope.