MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: $plugins->add_hook() should accept closures
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I see many hosting companies running 5.1x still and their standard excuses are "our maximum client's compatibility"...so I don't think minimum to 5.3 would do, at least for now.
(2013-04-17, 06:15 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Cheap/free hosts - which unfortunately makes up a fairly large proportion of our user base I believe. I've asked in the past about upping the minimum requirements to 5.3+ and was told we'd need to check the installation stats.

I don't think losing the dead-at-200-posts "gaming, hacking, and general discussion" market will kill you, but I guess it's your call. Out of pure curiosity, is 5.2 compatibility a requirement for plugins submitted to the mods site?
(2013-04-17, 10:45 PM)CAwesome Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think losing the dead-at-200-posts "gaming, hacking, and general discussion" market will kill you, but I guess it's your call.
I agree
(2013-04-17, 10:45 PM)CAwesome Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-17, 06:15 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Cheap/free hosts - which unfortunately makes up a fairly large proportion of our user base I believe. I've asked in the past about upping the minimum requirements to 5.3+ and was told we'd need to check the installation stats.

I don't think losing the dead-at-200-posts "gaming, hacking, and general discussion" market will kill you, but I guess it's your call. Out of pure curiosity, is 5.2 compatibility a requirement for plugins submitted to the mods site?

It's not my call, I would be more than happy with a version bump as I said. It's a team decision.

Regarding mods, not that I know of. But you have to be aware that if your plugin doesn't work for 5.2, you'll likely get a few support posts/threads/PMs crying about it. Which is why I try to keep mine compatible as much as possible.
I don't think it is worth skipping support for PHP 5.1 and 5.2 just because of closures. Especially when hundreds of plugins work without them.
Pages: 1 2