MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help to fix text breaking throught the text area
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello mates.

I have a problem in my forum.
When i post a thread with more words , The words from within the Tread breaks out the of the page/theme.

- BTW I am using Mybb 1.6.9

Screenshot :

[attachment=29017]
(2013-04-17, 10:55 AM)Ryanwrz Wrote: [ -> ]Hello mates.

I have a problem in my forum.
When i post a thread with more words , The words from within the Tread breaks out the of the page/theme.

- BTW I am using Mybb 1.6.9

Screenshot :

It looks as if you've removed the wrapper that is used to contain post content. I think you could also be missing a closing </div> tag somewhere.

I could be wrong, but your postbit template would be helpful here. Could you post it?
It looks like you have that download div not wrapped into your forum layout... eg your layout is broken probably via a missing closing div or sections are not wrapped properly per your html/css layout.
Here is my postbit template

{$ignore_bit}
<a name="pid{$post['pid']}" id="pid{$post['pid']}"></a>
<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder" style="{$post_extra_style} {$post_visibility}" id="post_{$post['pid']}">
	<tbody>
		<tr>
			<td class="tcat">
				<div class="float_left smalltext">
					{$post['postdate']}, {$post['posttime']} <span id="edited_by_{$post['pid']}">{$post['editedmsg']}</span>
				</div>
				{$post['posturl']}
			</td>
		</tr>

<tr>
			<td class="trow1 {$unapproved_shade}">
				<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0" style="width: 100%;">
					<tr>
						<td class="post_avatar" width="1" style="{$post['avatar_padding']}">
							{$post['useravatar']}
						</td>
						<td class="post_author">
							<strong><span class="largetext">{$post['profilelink']}</span></strong> {$post['onlinestatus']}<br />
							<span class="smalltext">
								{$post['usertitle']}<br />
								{$post['userstars']}
								{$post['groupimage']}
							</span>
						</td>
						<td class="smalltext post_author_info" width="165">
							{$post['user_details']}
						</td>
					</tr>
				</table>
			</td>
		</tr>

<tr>
			<td class="trow2 post_content {$unapproved_shade}">
				<span class="smalltext"><strong>{$post['icon']}{$post['subject']} {$post['subject_extra']}</strong></span>

<div class="post_body" id="pid_{$post['pid']}">
					{$post['message']}
				</div>
				{$post['attachments']}
				{$post['signature']}

<div class="post_meta" id="post_meta_{$post['pid']}">
				{$post['iplogged']}
				</div>
			</td>
		</tr>

<tr>
			<td class="trow1 post_buttons {$unapproved_shade}">
				<div class="author_buttons float_left">
					{$post['button_email']}{$post['button_pm']}{$post['button_www']}{$post['button_find']}{$post['button_rep']}
				</div>
				<div class="post_management_buttons float_right">{$post['button_tyl']}{$post['button_edit']}{$post['button_quickdelete']}{$post['button_quote']}{$post['button_multiquote']}{$post['button_quickquote']}{$post['button_report']}{$post['button_warn']}{$post['button_ban']}{$post['button_reply_pm']}{$post['button_replyall_pm']}{$post['button_forward_pm']}{$post['button_delete_pm']}
				</div>
			</td>
		</tr>
		<tr style="{$post['tyl_display']}" id="tyl_{$post['pid']}">
			{$post['thankyoulike_data']}
		</tr>
	</tbody>
</table>
ew a table based theme Toungue
The issue is probably in your threadlist or Show Thread Templates templates... not your forum bit which is used to parse categories, forums, and subforums.... NOT threads.. >_>

check your layout... enable "Output template start/end comments?" in Server and Optimization Options via admin cp and then go to that section, right click inspect... figure out what template wraps in.. check that template and the one before and after it (as listed on your code inspector).
When you find the issue, fix the div or table issue and then leave me some +rep love.
(2013-04-17, 11:36 AM)WebDevandPhoto Wrote: [ -> ]ew a table based theme Toungue
The issue is probably in your threadlist or Show Thread Templates templates... not your forum bit which is used to parse categories, forums, and subforums.... NOT threads.. >_>

check your layout... enable "Output template start/end comments?" in Server and Optimization Options via admin cp and then go to that section, right click inspect... figure out what template wraps in.. check that template and the one before and after it (as listed on your code inspector).
When you find the issue, fix the div or table issue and then leave me some +rep love.

I am not a Professional Web Designer , lol Big Grin
No professional or expert or EVEN intermediate skills needed to do this.
If you can Google W3 docs on html and css.. it'll be all you need.
Wrapping means this

you have this text here

so you need to wrap that text in a div.. so you do this:

<div class="SomeClass">
you have this text here
</div>

the above is called wrapping. Cuz you wrapped your text like you wrap a carne asada in a burrito (if u like Mexican food lol).

If you have something like this:
you have this text here
</div>

it means your wrapping is broken because there's no opening div statement...
Or vis versa...

Okay?

also... if you have a DIV inside of a table... the div can break the table layout, and vis versa.
Know what i just added this following to Global.css

word-break:break-all;

Problem Solved (my self) Big Grin