MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Strange Header Include
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello c:

Board Info:
MyBB version: 1.6.9 (1609)
PHP Version: 5.3.18
SQL Engine: MySQLi 5.1.68

The Header Include Templates on my test forum seem to have a common habit: Whenever I add something to them, such as a javascript that makes an image follow the mouse, or even a google font, at first they would work, but after a few times clicking *Save Changes*, the template will begin to exhibit the strange behaviour of cutting off both the new code(s) I added as well as the codes beneath them.

So if I put a google font code beneath {$stylesheets} at first it would work fine, and my forum will show the google font happily, but then after a few saves, with a simple change of nothing but a different font, (or in the case of the javascript, simply changing a number or two which indicates the distance or size of something) the code will be deleted upon pressing save. Of course, if I add the code above stylesheets (to see if this still happens) the code itself will vanish, as well as the stylesheets (and anything beneath the code).
It's very strange, and is puzzling me. I've searched around, but haven't been able to find the answer (perhaps I am searching the wrong things, since I don't really know what is causing this?) @_@

I've experimented by exporting the theme and importing the template again as a new theme, but the template will still exhibit the same behaviour of deleting code that used to work normally upon the first few tries. Here is the code for my header include template: (This is the template I am currently using - I also just duplicated the default header include template and theme and tried to add an originally working googlefont to after stylesheets in this untouched template too, but this also did not work)
edit: solved - code no longer needed c:
I would rather a board link be pmed if needed~ :)
I'm not quite sure why this is occurring;
any help would be appreciated. c: Thanks~ :>

edited to add: I've just tried to add a googlefont at the very bottom of the header include on a fresh default template too, and this time it cut Upwards, and sliced off the font code and all the header include template's codes up to the stylesheet.
if codepress is turned on at admin panel >> preferences then turn it off. it can mess up with the codes.
(2013-04-17, 03:46 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]if codepress is turned on at admin panel >> preferences then turn it off. it can mess up with the codes.

Thanks~ It worked c: