MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: A few newbie questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello folks,

I've just got a new forum running with this software and I must admit I am very impressed. I do however have a few questions. Firstly, is it possible to create a global announcement that the community can reply to?

I've also done some research on the header size but all I can find is that the banner will only cover about a third of the width of the board. Is there a way to create a banner that spans across the whole board?

Thanks in advance!
Welcome to MyBB Smile

First question:

Mod CP > Announcements > Add Global Announcement

Second:

You've to edit your .header in global.css
Thanks for the quick reply. I've made the announcement already but I was hoping that there was a way to allow the community to reply to it, which I can't seem to figure out.

As for the files, I'm still very wet behind the ears with this software and coding in general, is there a guide that's for people that are very new?
For coding in general, check out codeacademy.com . I'm no expert but it looks like they've done a brilliant job making it fun and easy to digest.
If you only want some template changes read it on our docs:

http://docs.mybb.com/Authoring_Templates...hemes.html
Regarding the question about allowing users to reply to announcements, it's not possible within the core.
Thanks for the replies folks, much appreciated.

I've just had a member ask if there's a way of being notified of new posts after he's typed out a reply, before the reply submits. I'm assuming this will have to be a script, has anyone implemented something like this before?
You can use this plugin for that:

http://mods.mybb.com/view/while-you-were-typing
Thanks a ton mate, works a treat!
I'd like to add a Google +1 button to the top of my site, to be exact, right here:

[Image: plusone_zpsd10fe707.png]

There are tutorials on the net but they all utilise their own code, whereas Adsense has given me a code which will link directly to my Google account. Can I simply paste that code in, and if so, where would I need to paste it?

Thanks!
Pages: 1 2