MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 2 problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I upgraded to MyBB 1.2.1 from 1.1.7. After upgrading, I noticed that the first 4 characters of a post are always cut off, including in each signature. I have uploaded images of what I mean.

Original message:
[Image: error1jp9.th.jpg]

Actual result:
[Image: error2lj0.th.jpg]

The second problem is that I get PARSE errors when I access the UserCP. I have tried re-uploading the file but it has made no difference.
Can you post the parse errors you are getting?

Also, please deactivate and remove all plugins (most 1.1.x plugins will not be compatible with 1.2.x)
Ah, the posts are no longer cut off.

The parse error is get is:
Parse error: parse error, unexpected '>', expecting ']' in /home/theweene/theweener.com/html/forum/usercp.php on line 1422
Open up usercp.php and post what is on line 1422, please.
Here is the code:

} 
		elseif($mybb->input['gallery']) // Gallery avatar 
        { 
	        if($mybb->input['gallery'] == "default") 
            { 
            	$avatarpath = $db->escape_string($mybb->settings['avatardir']."/".$mybb->input['avatar']); 
			} 
            else 
		    { 
	            $avatarpath = $db->escape_string($mybb->settings['avatardir']."/".$mybb->input['gallery']."/".$mybb->input['avatar']); 
            } 
            if(file_exists($avatarpath)) 
            {                                                                    // <--- Line 1422
	            $updated_avatar = array( 
	                "avatar" => $avatarpath, 
                    "avatardimensions" => "", 
                    "avatartype" => "gallery" 
               ); 
               $db->update_query(TABLE_PREFIX."users", $updated_avatar, "uid='".$mybb->user['uid']."'"); 
            } 
            remove_avatars($mybb->user['uid']);
Link to your board please?
Some of your files are corrupt. Re upload all of them excluding inc/settings.php, inc/config.php and the install/ directory