MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Tutorial] Drastically Speedup Load Times With PHP Speedy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Time it takes: 5 minutes
Difficulty Level: Medium

Some Info:

Yesterday I found a PHP script called PHP Speedy. After reading what it could do I decided to give it ago (bear in mind I had already followed this guide so the forum has already been tweaked). After activating the script the forum went from taking around 4-5 seconds to load to 2-1.5 seconds and under. Not all the features work but the ones that do make a huge differences.

[Image: bOjvXJ1l.jpg]

http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/#!/KEvobm75...guyos.com/

Guide:

First download the script.
[attachment=29025]

Unzip it and upload it to the root of you're MyBB install.

Next go to http://YOUR-FORUM/php_speedy/install.php

Fill in a user name and password (don't worry about this to much because we will be deleting this later)

[Image: rrKmHhtl.jpg]

On the next page just click next.

[Image: 1N8L2cil.jpg]

On the next page keep all the option as they are and click next.

On Stage 3 of the install you will see a link to a test page. Don't worry about this. It doesn't work but the script works fine.

Near the bottom of the Stage 3 page you will see this:

[Image: LPHlN9dl.jpg]

Copy the parts I have highlighted because you are going to need to add them to the global.php

In the root of you're MyBB install you will find global.php. Download it and edit it to include the bit of code you just copied.

You're global.php should look something like this:

Top of global.php
[Image: cpo1nrAl.jpg]

Bottom of global.php
[Image: CiZFKqll.jpg]

Now save it and upload it back to the MyBB root install.

If everything is working fine then you can go ahead and delete index.php and install.php from the php_speedy folder.

If you are having issues try turning on and off options on Stage 2 of the install.

If its not working at all. Just remove the code you added to the global.php
Didn't make mine faster sadly Sad
(2013-04-18, 09:05 PM)TheSpeedyFeed Wrote: [ -> ]Didn't make mine faster sadly Sad

How long did you give it? The results are not instant. It can take anywhere from 5-10 minutes for everything to kick in. If its working and not breaking anything, leave it on. You will notice a speed improvement.
Is this safe to install? I mean from anytime i want it deactivated or uninstall it wont causes any risk of database error or malfunction? Thanks.
(2013-04-20, 03:08 PM)bestblackhatforum.com Wrote: [ -> ]Is this safe to install? I mean from anytime i want it deactivated or uninstall it wont causes any risk of database error or malfunction? Thanks.

If its not working at all. Just remove the code you added to the global.php