MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: buttons to format the text dont show up, suddenly disappeared
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I lost the text editor buttons to format the text when we type a message & editor shows all the options to format the text & link images & video etc. That editor buttons are not showing on my forum, only the text window shows I can reply but not able to format the text or link it as the buttons of text editor don't show.

Now I have to add Mycode tags manually. I checked in the forums the permission (even though I didn't touched that) are allowed to post Mycode. In my UserCP> other options>Show the MyCode formatting options on the posting pages is also checked in.

So what could be the problem of this sudden disappearance of the editor button?

Found another user having the same problem
http://community.mybb.com/thread-136738....or+missing
is it also disappeared on MyBB's default theme ? have you installed new theme(s) or plugin(s) which use jQuery ?
what is your forum url ?
I enabled 3 new plugins but not sure if any one of them uses Jquery
My forum uses default theme only from which it has disappeared & last week I enabled mobile theme after that only I noticed this problem so could mobile theme be a problem?
usually due to some javascript error

you could check your browsers error console if it has one
FF error console shows
Error: ReferenceError: messageEditor is not defined

Error: SyntaxError: syntax error
Line: 576
Source Code:
    var editor_language = {
^ have you edited editor.js file (for adding new buttons etc)
run file verification tool available at tools & maintenance section to find changed / corrupt files
No I didnt do any such thing nor my admin log under tools & maintenance shows any such editing.

I dont have file verification tool under tools & maintenance may be because I am using shared icyboards.net forum hosting & the admin may have removed it.