MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Sports Tipping (pooling)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I am in the process of rewriting a Joomla plugin I wrote in 2009 to handle sports tipping competitions. I am bringing this over to my MyBB install.

Basically it allows you to set up rounds and games, my site is a rugby league site) and your users can tip who they think will win, plus margins and scores etc.

On my site we have a weekly winner as well as an annual winner.

The plugin allows you to add multiple competitions, and have unlimited users, you can CSV import games and rounds as well as script your own import mech (which I will be providing link ins from my site to handle this for a subscription, i.e. we will be able to provide the results data etc.

Anyway....

I wanted to see if there was any interest in this. Because at the moment I am coding this for my site, but if there is enough interest for this I will release it for others to use.

Dan
How does the system exactly work? Where can the users bet? What kind of bets will work, except 1x2?
Tipping is pick the score, pick the margin annd pick the winner or a combination of all

They pay an entrance fee at the beggining of the year anf enter their tips on a specific page.

Admin interface is 80% complete ill put up screen shots soon
This would be good if you used New Points for winning points and spending them.
http://forums.mybb-plugins.com/Thread-NewPoints-1-9-7
Not sure I will tie in dorectly at thos point for new points. But may dpwn tje travk at the moment I run mine as a $25 entry fee and the winner gets prizes I have purchased or have been donated. But il look at tgis as an option down the track or at least will add a hook so that it can be easily added later by anyone