MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Switching Webhosts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2013-04-19, 04:31 AM)TheSpeedyFeed Wrote: [ -> ]I'm planning on switching web hosts to arvixe.

I was just wondering how so I don't mess everything up. Smile

Thanks.

Your DN thespeedyfeed.com is registered with 1&1

How do I transfer a domain away from 1&1?

My advice is don’t put all your eggs in one basket. Some hosting companies may make you jump through hoops to transfer your DN if you want to move your website to a new host.

I recommend you transfer your DN to namecheap
(2013-04-20, 01:06 PM)Alex - Arvixe Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-19, 04:58 AM)TheSpeedyFeed Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-19, 04:47 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]see How to change hosts successfully

How can I keep my old domain name?

We offer a free domain registration service for the lifetime of your hosting account, as you have already registered your domain name you can either opt in for a free transfer to us (select this on the order form) or you can keep your domain at your current registrar (though that would mean you have to renew it and it won't be free). If you keep your domain at your current registrar you would need to update the domain nameservers to the ones we provide you.

Who is your domain currently registered with?
1and1 and I got the hosting plan but I forgot to unlock my website when transferring.
(2013-04-20, 04:03 PM)TheSpeedyFeed Wrote: [ -> ]

We offer a free domain registration service for the lifetime of your hosting account, as you have already registered your domain name you can either opt in for a free transfer to us (select this on the order form) or you can keep your domain at your current registrar (though that would mean you have to renew it and it won't be free). If you keep your domain at your current registrar you would need to update the domain nameservers to the ones we provide you.

1and1

If you follow the guide provided above to get everything set on their end (http://help.1and1.com/domains-c36931/dom...22954.html) and then during the order form select the transfer domain option on our end.

You will receive an email to approve the transfer and once thats approved the domain transfer process will begin (you will not be required to do anything further as it will all be automated). You will then be able to manage your domain name in our domain manager panel (nameservers, details etc...).
(2013-04-20, 04:07 PM)Alex - Arvixe Wrote: [ -> ]

1and1

If you follow the guide provided above to get everything set on their end (http://help.1and1.com/domains-c36931/dom...22954.html) and then during the order form select the transfer domain option on our end.

You will receive an email to approve the transfer and once thats approved the domain transfer process will begin (you will not be required to do anything further as it will all be automated). You will then be able to manage your domain name in our domain manager panel (nameservers, details etc...).
I did the process thing but I forgot to unlock my website. Is there a way to restart it?
(2013-04-20, 05:09 PM)TheSpeedyFeed Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-19, 04:58 AM)TheSpeedyFeed Wrote: [ -> ]How can I keep my old domain name?

1and1

I did the process thing but I forgot to unlock my website. Is there a way to restart it?

Could you provide me with the domain name you are trying to transfer to Arvixe? We can resend the request.
(2013-04-20, 10:36 PM)Alex - Arvixe Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-20, 05:09 PM)TheSpeedyFeed Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-20, 01:06 PM)Alex - Arvixe Wrote: [ -> ]We offer a free domain registration service for the lifetime of your hosting account, as you have already registered your domain name you can either opt in for a free transfer to us (select this on the order form) or you can keep your domain at your current registrar (though that would mean you have to renew it and it won't be free). If you keep your domain at your current registrar you would need to update the domain nameservers to the ones we provide you.

1and1

Could you provide me with the domain name you are trying to transfer to Arvixe? We can resend the request.
http://thespeedyfeed.com/
Pages: 1 2