MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Merging phpbb3 to myBB and having problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

I have merged my Phpbb3 forum to MyBB. Everything looked ok untill I found out that all posts that were imported are now made by "Guest", when ofcourse my members made them. It seems like the posts and the members are not connected anymore, the members now all show 0 posts.

Another thing: Polls are now with the wrong posts. All polls are mixed up. Kinda weird Toungue

So 2 weird things really. Can anyone help me with this? Did I merge the wrong way (I just selected all options from top to bottom while merging). I would really like to fix this.

Thnx in advance guys!

Update: I found out in MyPHPAdmin that the posts all have UID 0 (Guest). So the merge didn't do its job. I'm sure this is the same for the polls. Any ideas to fix this?

Updated post with more info Smile Hope you guys can help out!

Update: In the mean time I just deleted all the wrong polls. When deleted, they also disappeared for the posts where they shouldnt be. This leaves me with a lot of missing polls, but I can live with that Smile

The main issue still is the first issue: All old posts have UID 0 (Guest), so none of the members has any posts on his or her name and Guest has 65k posts. I am quite sure something went wrong with merging but I have no clue what. There was no error. Please help me fix this guys.
Update: I didn't find a fix but I did however found a workaround. Hope anyone who reads this can use this Smile

All the posts did have an IP address. Through the users table I found out what the last IP address of the users was. So I connected the posts through IP to a user (username and UID). This fixed at least half of my 65k posts.