MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Game Section
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Because of some exams Parretje was not able to give any support overhere.
http://blog.online-urbanus.be/
I hope he will be back soon here, because I also have a bug.
It won't show up in my ACP
First of all: As guessed many times here, it were exams, and because of the problems that already existed, I didn't find the time to inform you about it, I'm sorry.

(2009-05-01, 10:50 PM)aglioeolio Wrote: [ -> ]I´ve downloaded the latest release with a clean install...

Played PACMAN and have been redirected to this url:
www.mysite.com/forum/index.php?act=Arcade&do=newscore

The thing is that I´m using portal as homepage - "index.php" is Portal renamed and "forum.php" is my Board Index

any tip to solve this? can I rename this function anywhere in core files to call:
forum.php?act=Arcade&do=newscore

Thanks for the great plugin Smile

Open inc/plugins/games.php and find:
$plugins->add_hook("index_start", "games_index");

Replace with:
$plugins->add_hook("portal_start", "games_index");

(2009-05-02, 07:08 AM)zas Wrote: [ -> ]I have upgraded from 1.4.4 to 1.4.5 and working fine, but i found that in Game Section Who's Online not working. It shows 0 user online.

Anything like {$lang->online_count}, {$onlinemembers} etc. are not working in games_online template but working fine in index_whosonline template.

my site address www.bdplay.com

if i install mybb 1.4.4 then it works but if i upgrade to or reinstall 1.4.5 then not.

IS THERE ANY SOLUTION FOR THIS???

Well, I've answered here:
http://community_gamesection.online-urba...d-667.html

(2009-05-03, 01:36 PM)Blues Wrote: [ -> ]
Matt from Mybbnew Wrote:After testing, there are several vulnerability with this arcade.

The main problem faced is thatusers can upload .php files. This would enable a hacker to upload a malicious file and easily delete everything on smfnew.

Rejected.
Please Fix it!!

Well that's not a problem of the Game Section, but of the whole system. When users have writing access to a directory, then they can upload php files. If it's possible to upload files to games, then it's possible for MyBB's uploads directory, too.

(2009-05-04, 07:27 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]I don't see where (regular) users can upload php files. Edit: yeah but users can give games which can then try to hack the website (and it's really easy as this plugin doesn't escape some strings)
By the way here's the (new?) forum http://community_gamesection.online-urbanus.be/

Can you explain maybe a bit more what you mean.

(2009-05-06, 08:43 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]Bug
when merging users, SQL Error.
in inc/plugins/games.php search for:
$db->update_query("games_ratings", $user_update, "uid='".$source_user['uid']."'");
Replace with
$db->update_query("games_rating", $user_update, "uid='".$source_user['uid']."'");

Thanks for the report!

(2009-05-12, 03:25 PM)Howman Wrote: [ -> ]how do you in stall new games i keep getting error

See the fixes page, I've fixed the fixed page Toungue

(2009-05-12, 07:14 PM)Jockl Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

does anyone know what the php-files at /forum/admin/games are for? It seems that there are a files left of games which already have been deleted.

There are some core files located there:
css.php: with this file the css information of a Game Section theme can be loaded
global.php: the global file for the Game Section, here all Game Section specific things are loaded
settings.php: this file contains all settings used during the installations and to upgrade the database
submit.php: the file used to add a new score
templates.php: this file contains all default templates and theme, it's used during the installation, upgrade and the revert of templates.

(2009-06-03, 03:20 PM)Elegant Totality Wrote: [ -> ]Just a few questions about this:

1) How do I add new games =/
2) How do I edit the css so that the a:visited is green?

Other than that, this mod is beautiful! Big Grin

In the ACP -> Game Section -> Add Game (Tar)

(2009-06-05, 02:47 AM)HarryWx Wrote: [ -> ]My best *guess* is because he is still in school that he hasnt been around because of end of year tests and that sort of thing. I do admit though i am starting to wonder a little as seing how he hasnt been on in weeks. The new site now has a issue as well and wont submit my info when i log in. Has that log in issue i am guessing.

This will really suck if we have lost him.

Indeed, the reason I wasn't online in June were the exams.

You haven't lost me, I've even tried during the exams to fix the domain, but it failed, I'm now busy to make it will work soon. I hope GreenGorilla answers soon on my questions so I can start it again with PCextreme.

(2009-06-14, 09:16 PM)ryansstuff Wrote: [ -> ]he says it will be back but im starting to lose hope Sad i so hope he comes back very soon.

It all went down hill from december when he tried to do it for 1.4.

See my previous answer Wink

(2009-06-27, 08:48 PM)ryansstuff Wrote: [ -> ]but sasdly most of the link are broken including the fix files one. i so hope this can be sorted soon. school are almost finshed now so we should be hearing from him now Sad

The links of the fix files are fixed. The links to gamesection.org will be fixed when the domain is back online Wink

(2009-06-30, 10:43 AM)mahsunseven Wrote: [ -> ]Hello

Sites that I introduced you probably want to download any game!

I ask ... I ask ... Please play some part in the Attachment to us or try to download it Btvnym
I have a problem with the English language and speak English well Nmytvny
Excuse my
Games I'm waiting

You mean you want to download games?

You can use this:
http://www.ibpdownloads.com

The downloads on the Game Section forums should be back online soon. I'll set then the limit for downloading on 50 games until 1 September 2009, or when we start seeing the bandwidth limit.

(2009-06-30, 04:11 PM)spinning Wrote: [ -> ]Because of some exams Parretje was not able to give any support overhere.
http://blog.online-urbanus.be/
I hope he will be back soon here, because I also have a bug.

Well, I'm back, and I would like to hear your bugreport Wink

(2009-06-30, 05:09 PM)PrinceTaz Wrote: [ -> ]It won't show up in my ACP

- Have you uploaded all files
- Have you activated the Game Section
- Have you upload the language files for your language
- Have you set your permissions correctly.
YEY welll thanks you so much, for that massive post at least we know you back buddy. any news on how long gamesection.org will be back?
Great to see you back Paretje! Smile

I still cannot log into http://community_gamesection.online-urba.../index.php
It accepts my password but when it comes back up i am still logged off?
Try a different browser then Firefox.
well im using IE 8 and can't log in we all discused thios before that forum has the login/logout problem.
The cookies are just wrong...
yer but as i found out it becasue the setting.php wouldn't update automically on mine.
so i had to change it myself.
(2009-07-01, 08:05 PM)T0m Wrote: [ -> ]Try a different browser then Firefox.

That was with IE 8. Wink

So i guess i need not bother trying on FF 3?