MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Game Section
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
has anyone else an empty output when trying to display a user's game statistics ?
this is causing a lot of errors on my forum :/
Test TEst Test
Where can I find more games?
I just have pacman.
Is there a pack?
I've already looked there but I didn't find anything...
You can find some here
http://morewillberevealed.net/community/games.php
and here
http://www.ibpdownloads.com/ipb/index.php

there are others but can not remember off the top of my head
Virtually any of the Flash Games will work, from any site.

However there is a very serious and unaddressed bug with the Game Section plugin:
It does not support games where low score is better than high score. A very serious flaw.
Quote:It does not support games where low score is better than high score. A very serious flaw.

That's not really a "flaw" of the "Game Section", but more a matter of game programmer scoring methods.

After-all, most video games don't usually start with 100 pts (or whatever) and then take those points away, they usually start at -0- and the player must GAIN points to "win" or "move-on" to the next level.

"Bruno5p", have you looked in the 'Game Section' of that forum? You can search for and download virtually ANY of the games listed there.

BTW, You must be registered on the forums there to download games, otherwise you'll be DENIED. It says, "Download 25 Games", but hundreds (if not thousands) are available there. Try again - after registering, of course. You won't regret.

FYI -- You can always play the game(s) before you download - If you don't like, then don't download. Simple...But, if you're not registered, you can neither play nor download the games on that site.
(2011-04-02, 09:10 PM)dcaduser Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:It does not support games where low score is better than high score. A very serious flaw.

That's not really a "flaw" of the "Game Section", but more a matter of game programmer scoring methods.

After-all, most video games don't usually start with 100 pts (or whatever) and then take those points away, they usually start at -0- and the player must GAIN points to "win" or "move-on" to the next level.

"Bruno5p", have you looked in the 'Game Section' of that forum? You can search for and download virtually ANY of the games listed there.

BTW, You must be registered on the forums there to download games, otherwise you'll be DENIED. It says, "Download 25 Games", but hundreds (if not thousands) are available there. Try again - after registering, of course. You won't regret.

FYI -- You can always play the game(s) before you download - If you don't like, then don't download. Simple...But, if you're not registered, you can neither play nor download the games on that site.

You're not taking into account games where you're trying to the fastest time, which is the "lowest" score type of game I'm referring to. Where 9.2 seconds is a better score than 12.7 seconds... etc... the Game Section is flawed because it does not account for these types of games, which can be very popular. It also seems abandoned, as the author hasn't responded for quite awhile.