MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Game Section
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
MyBB SQL Error
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1146 - Table '(my database).mybb_games_list' doesn't exist
Query:
ALTER TABLE mybb_games_list RENAME mybb_games;
I also have the same problem as andrea has
yeah me too Sad please fix!
The game section website is down and the owner hasn't bothered to fix it.
Paretje, the developer of the 'Game Section' for MyBB, seems to have dropped off the planet.

His last visit here was on April 22, 2010 and his most recent 'Game Section' version update was posted on June 28, 2010 - Version 1.5.4 (which was after his '1.2 FINAL' version release date as indicated on MediaWiki as 1.15.4 <here>

Personally I do not know why Paretje's activity and support has ceased as it appeared to me me that the Game Section was one of his 'pet projects' that he had no intention of abandoning and he has had a great history of supporting, promoting Mybb as-well as helping MyBB users since 2007, from my personal experience anyway.

I do wish him all the best if he has come into hard financial times causing him to discontinue his Game Section site or his family, my condolences, if he is no longer with the living.
(My hopes are for the former, and not the later portion of my above statement, to be true.)
Well I tried the link http://w3.gamesection.org/wiki/Game_Sect...iki_1.15.4 and it leads to the page that the error occurs so I guess no game section .. Oh well.. I guess those times are gone too sadly...
Fortunately, I have a copy of games 1.2 on my desktop. Anyone wants it? Smile

But I have to ask Tim if I am allowed to distribute it. I uploaded the games section to my forums and it worked fine.
I just found the plugin on here ..,, I am trying to retrace my steps for the download. LOL
I guess the big questions are...

1. Does anyone have his latest 1.15.4 version of the Game Section plugin? (of which I can only assume included either some fixes or requested improvements to the "1.2 FINAL" version release.

-and-

2. Would anyone be capable of supporting or expanding on Paretje's original 'MyBB Game Section' plugin project. - Obviuosly, proper credit should ALWAYS be given to Paretje for all of his hard work up to this point.

Personally, I would like it if this plugin could continue to be supported by anyone capable of doing so. And, at a minimum, maintained so as to keep it compatible with any future MyBB releases.
I hope you guys realize that games section is available on the main mybb modding website; http://mods.mybb.com/view/game-section . The link contained the final version with the 1.6 patch.