MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Game Section
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Paretje Wrote:You have a delete button in the overview of your AdminCP Wink

Wow i feel stupid. Is there any possibility of having two players playing one game. Just wondering. btw love the Game section.
Paretje Wrote:~

Thank-you so very much with the long support. It's finally working now Smile
I think I had it on my forum to. Because I have some questions I was trying to register at your page so I can talk Dutch but I did not get an confirm email.

Till now I had 3 questions

question one
when I am going to gamedata http://www.ikf-forum.eu/admin/games.php?...ame=pacman

I get this error
Warning: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: Permission denied in /usr/home/deb4195/domains/ikf-forum.eu/public_html/admin/games.php on line 923

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/home/deb4195/domains/ikf-forum.eu/public_html/admin/games.php:923) in /usr/home/deb4195/domains/ikf-forum.eu/public_html/admin/adminfunctions.php on line 88

Question 2
Is there an instruction how to add games
For example I wanne add the game what is in attachment

Question 3
How does it work with highscore with the added games?
hi, i upgraded to the new version. and my Who's online section is not like i used to be.

it used to saw'

so and so is "Viewing Games"
not it sais "Unknown Location"

how can i fix it?

Thanks!
Well, I also made the changes in the files in the ftp program. but when i tried to activate it. it still didn't work. not even with the new game mod. Is this compatible with 1.2.9?
yes it is i have working perfectly on 1.2.9
spinning Wrote:I think I had it on my forum to. Because I have some questions I was trying to register at your page so I can talk Dutch but I did not get an confirm email.

question one
when I am going to gamedata http://www.ikf-forum.eu/admin/games.php?...ame=pacman

I get this error
Warning: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: Permission denied in /usr/home/deb4195/domains/ikf-forum.eu/public_html/admin/games.php on line 923

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/home/deb4195/domains/ikf-forum.eu/public_html/admin/games.php:923) in /usr/home/deb4195/domains/ikf-forum.eu/public_html/admin/adminfunctions.php on line 88

Question 2

Question 3

You didn't get a confirm mail? Then you can click to send a new. Maybe, you entered a wrong email. But, you are now activated Wink

Answer1:
You can't make a dir. Do you have 777 permissions on your mybb root, arcade, arcade/gamedata and arcade/gamedata/pacman?

Answer2:
On the simple way:
1. Unpack the tar file
2. Go to AdminCP -> Game Section -> Add Game (Simple)
3. Insert the asked files and select if you want to have a category and/or gamedata and click on Save.

When you selected to adding gamedata, you would be redirected and there:
1. Insert the files and click on upload

Answer3:
When somebody adds a score, that would be added/updated. When that is a champion, that would be added/updated, too.

MadamZuZu Wrote:hi, i upgraded to the new version. and my Who's online section is not like i used to be.

it used to saw'

how can i fix it?

Thanks!

That is included in the README.txt Wink

5. OPEN ONLINE.PHP AND FIND:
		// forumdisplay.php functions
		case "forumdisplay":
			if($forums[$user['fid']])
			{
				if($forums_linkto[$user['fid']])
				{
					$locationname = sprintf($lang->forum_redirect_to, $user['fid'], $forums[$user['fid']]);
				}
				else
				{
					$locationname = sprintf($lang->viewing_forum2, $user['fid'], $forums[$user['fid']]);
				}
			}
			else
			{
				$locationname = $lang->viewing_forum;
			}
			break;

AFTER ADD:
		// games.php functions
		case "games":
			$location = my_substr($user['location'], -strpos(strrev($user['location']), "/"));

$locationname = sprintf($lang->viewing_gamesection, $location);
			break;

6. IN THE SAME FILE FIND:
		case "forumdisplay":
			if(is_numeric($parameters['fid']))
			{
				$fidsql .= ",$parameters[fid]";
			}
			$user['activity'] = "forumdisplay";
			$user['fid'] = $parameters['fid'];
			break;

AFTER ADD:
		case "games":
			$user['activity'] = "games";
			break;

helpseeker Wrote:Well, I also made the changes in the files in the ftp program. but when i tried to activate it. it still didn't work. not even with the new game mod. Is this compatible with 1.2.9?

Yes, it works in 1.2.9. It is made for the 1.2.x version Wink

What is your problem?
Quote:Answer1:
You can't make a dir. Do you have 777 permissions on your mybb root, arcade, arcade/gamedata and arcade/gamedata/pacman?

I do not have an arcade directory
I see 2 version and one update to install from the game section.
I used only this one New Game Section. Do I need Convert from the arcade mod?
Or are there any other mods that I need to install.
Paretje Wrote:
spinning Wrote:I think I had it on my forum to. Because I have some questions I was trying to register at your page so I can talk Dutch but I did not get an confirm email.

question one

I get this error

Question 2

Question 3

You didn't get a confirm mail? Then you can click to send a new. Maybe, you entered a wrong email. But, you are now activated Wink

Answer1:

Answer2:
On the simple way:
1. Unpack the tar file
2. Go to AdminCP -> Game Section -> Add Game (Simple)
3. Insert the asked files and select if you want to have a category and/or gamedata and click on Save.

When you selected to adding gamedata, you would be redirected and there:
1. Insert the files and click on upload

Answer3:
When somebody adds a score, that would be added/updated. When that is a champion, that would be added/updated, too.

MadamZuZu Wrote:hi, i upgraded to the new version. and my Who's online section is not like i used to be.

it used to saw'

how can i fix it?

Thanks!

That is included in the README.txt Wink

5. OPEN ONLINE.PHP AND FIND:
		// forumdisplay.php functions
		case "forumdisplay":
			if($forums[$user['fid']])
			{
				if($forums_linkto[$user['fid']])
				{
					$locationname = sprintf($lang->forum_redirect_to, $user['fid'], $forums[$user['fid']]);
				}
				else
				{
					$locationname = sprintf($lang->viewing_forum2, $user['fid'], $forums[$user['fid']]);
				}
			}
			else
			{
				$locationname = $lang->viewing_forum;
			}
			break;

AFTER ADD:
		// games.php functions
		case "games":
			$location = my_substr($user['location'], -strpos(strrev($user['location']), "/"));

$locationname = sprintf($lang->viewing_gamesection, $location);
			break;

6. IN THE SAME FILE FIND:
		case "forumdisplay":
			if(is_numeric($parameters['fid']))
			{
				$fidsql .= ",$parameters[fid]";
			}
			$user['activity'] = "forumdisplay";
			$user['fid'] = $parameters['fid'];
			break;

AFTER ADD:
		case "games":
			$user['activity'] = "games";
			break;

helpseeker Wrote:Well, I also made the changes in the files in the ftp program. but when i tried to activate it. it still didn't work. not even with the new game mod. Is this compatible with 1.2.9?

Yes, it works in 1.2.9. It is made for the 1.2.x version Wink

What is your problem?

I keep getting these kind of messages all the time.

MySQLi error: 1060
Duplicate column name 'maxgames'
Query: ALTER TABLE mybb_users ADD maxgames INT(2) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', ADD maxscores INT(2) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', ADD sortat VARCHAR(10) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', ADD sorting VARCHAR(4) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', ADD games_theme INT(10) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';

And everytime i delete one of them i have to delete all the others thati know off. but then something else turns up.
spinning Wrote:I keep getting these kind of messages all the time.

MySQLi error: 1060
Duplicate column name 'maxgames'
Query: ALTER TABLE mybb_users ADD maxgames INT(2) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', ADD maxscores INT(2) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', ADD sortat VARCHAR(10) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', ADD sorting VARCHAR(4) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', ADD games_theme INT(10) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';

And everytime i delete one of them i have to delete all the others thati know off. but then something else turns up.

Run this file:
http://community.mybboard.net/attachment.php?aid=7483