MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Game Section
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Make a admin folder with in it a games folder and give the games folder. That directory is used as a cache directory Wink

And it exists:
[attachment=8215]
It exists because you created it. Toungue I'm sorry, but there was no instruction to tell us to create a games folder in the install guide...and no instruction of what to chmod to 777. I wouldn't even know that any of them need to be 777 if I hadn't attempted to install a game using the "simple" method. I guess you just like people asking a lot of questions. LOL
Of course there is no instruction to create one, there is an instruction to upload everything, so normally, you uploaded that directory, too Wink

I know, there is no instruction to do that, but that's only needed to upload games with Add Game (Simple). I will work for a full After Installation guide Wink In that guide the permissions, directories, how to configure, ...
Other guides will come, too. Like one how to edit templates, add themes, ...
Is there a way to search through threads for a specific word without having to visit every page that i don't know about??

I got to page 37 and i'm running really short on time... So i apologise if this has already been mentioned that i didn't get to...

I had to deactivate the plugin to install the new version of MYBB and all the games and scores/champions are gone... I read in the earlier posts that there is a backup saved... Where can i find this backup?? I really should have saved it myself before running the back up and specially since i've got 5 forums with the same problem lol...

So is there anything i can do to get back those games without having to reinstall all the games manually again? Also is there a way to get back the scores and champions??

I greatly appreciate any help you can throw my way... Awesome job on the plugin btw, i love it!! Smile
Why did you deactivate the plugin?

The only way is to replace it with a backup. You can make a backup with MyBB:
Admin Cp -> Database Tools -> Backup Database -> Select the follow tables (full backups are required, but this is only for the Game Section):
mybb_games, mybb_games_categories, mybb_games_champions, mybb_games_rating, mybb_games_scores, mybb_games_settings, mybb_games_templates and mybb_games_themes
Because it shouted at me that i had activated plugins and that could mess with the installation of the new MYBB version...

So there isn't an automatic backup done upon deactivating the plugin? As i said i didn't backup the database before deactivating... i was having a stressful day *sigh* like today lol Wink
No, when you deactivate the plugin, everything is deleted, because normally it's because you want to stop with the Game Section. I never deactivated it and had never problems Wink
*sigh* so i've lost it all... Taking from a month old backup which has all the tables in it... Do i need those in adminlog tables?
Ok on my one forums i don't seem to have any backup of the gaming section...

If i add the games over again will it overwrite the files already on the server? Or am i going to get duplicates??

If i am going to get duplicates where are all the files located so i can delete them first? I have found the game data, swf and images but i can't find the php files for the life of me lol...

Please help.. Smile
No, they will be overwritten. The php files are automatic deleted Wink